League cup group G

Course you can, now is the time to be swapping players about. I assume certain players weren't starting today because he's saving them for Tuesday

Aye you’re probably right tbf. Best to give everyone a fair shot to stake their claim for the league.

Enjoyed that yesterday. Probably should have been a lot more, and you can point to the standard of the opposition, but not many teams go away from home and score seven these days.

Hopefully a pre-cursor as to how our season is going to go, but realistically, the next two games will be a better measure of where we are.

How many goals does that beautiful, beautiful man Moff have for us now? 

33 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

Enjoyed that yesterday. Probably should have been a lot more, and you can point to the standard of the opposition, but not many teams go away from home and score seven these days.

Hopefully a pre-cursor as to how our season is going to go, but realistically, the next two games will be a better measure of where we are.

How many goals does that beautiful, beautiful man Moff have for us now? 

93 I think, which puts him 9th equal in the all-time list.

20 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Find it hilarious that you hear Berwick fans making donkey noises when we were 6 up and Forrest (I think) puts it over the top of the bar

To be fair it's the kind of thing Ayr fans have been guilty of doing over the years. When you are getting pumped rotten you need to find something to cheer

11 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Turned to my uncle today @ 1-0 who said “decent performance so far”.

Thought to myself “what a fucking nick we’ve turned into”.

Getting beat.

At home.

To Livi.

Jesus Christ 🤦🏻‍♂️.

Seriously though, no way in hell anyone would've predicted that we'd be in the positions we are 3 seasons ago, when Falkirk were a regular top 4 play off team and Livi were relegated to League One, quite incredible turn of fortune for both clubs.

McGuffie looked a different player yesterday no offence to Berwick but let's see if he can keep it up against a better standard of full back potentially up against Nicky Devlin on Tuesday but I see he's wasn't in the Livi squad yesterday so I'm not even sure he's fit.

Some awful mistakes from the defence at the start of the second half (from those highlights). I know we were five up but two amateurish mistakes.

I've also never seen as embarrassing a goal as the seventh! Doolan looked ashamed.

Very exciting first half though, and roll on Tuesday night.

Some awful mistakes from the defence at the start of the second half (from those highlights). I know we were five up but two amateurish mistakes.

I've also never seen as embarrassing a goal as the seventh! Doolan looked ashamed.

Very exciting first half though, and roll on Tuesday night.
Got to admit Muirhead didn't look great, Roscoe can't comment as we didn't see much of him in highlights but I'd be happier going into the Livi/Falkirk games with a Bell Roscoe partnership at the back.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

McGuffie looked a different player yesterday no offence to Berwick but let's see if he can keep it up against a better standard of full back potentially up against Nicky Devlin on Tuesday but I see he's wasn't in the Livi squad yesterday so I'm not even sure he's fit.

Devlin went off injured against Alloa midweek, don't think it was too serious though so maybe he'll make it for Tues night against Ayr. He whips in great crosses, just need Dykes to get on the end of them a bit better.

Wonder if Stewart will be in goals for this game after Sarkic made a blunder palming the ball to Sammon for Falkirk's equaliser.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Devlin went off injured against Alloa midweek, don't think it was too serious though so maybe he'll make it for Tues night against Ayr. He whips in great crosses, just need Dykes to get on the end of them a bit better.

Wonder if Stewart will be in goals for this game after Sarkic made a blunder palming the ball to Sammon for Falkirk's equaliser.
Ayr fans will want to see Devlin and Crawford play I'd imagine. They've both been big players for the club in recent years.

Apparently you guys tried to get Ross Doohan on loan from Celtic before he came to us, hope both Devlin and Crawford do really well for you guys both have 110% for us every game just hope they have stinkers non Tuesday if they play.

43 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
2 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Apparently you guys tried to get Ross Doohan on loan from Celtic before he came to us, hope both Devlin and Crawford do really well for you guys both have 110% for us every game just hope they have stinkers non Tuesday if they play.

Was actually wondering about that when I read you'd got him again, thought he'd have been a good signing target for us, suppose it's like Kelly and Hardie coming back to us after being on loan at Livi, Doohan has had an enjoyable spell at Ayr and preferred going back there. 

Our 2 keepers look a bit green and fragile, and Cece Pepe also looks a tad shaky in defence, doubt very much we'd have conceded to Falkirk with last season's defence still here. Can only hope all 3 get better as the season goes on, Kelly was a bit dodgy when on loan to us in League One but was fantastic in his 2nd spell with us last season.

Great timing on the 7th goal with the ball boys having a kickabout so it looks like it's went wide and then you just see the ball trundling over the line.

Took me about ten attempts to work out what actually happened [emoji23].

Think we’ll have a couple of changes in midfield for the Livi match. Might try make it up, think it should be a good match. Any result I think would be great and having the 2 home games left would give us a great chance of winning the group.

Doohan

Geggan Muirhead Roscoe Harvie 

Forrest Murdoch Docherty Ross

Doolan Moffat 

Subs: Hare-Reid, Ferguson, Kerr, Kelly, McCown, McGuffie, McKenzie

Optimistic 2-1 Ayr win, Moff and Doolan.

Just thought I would pop in here to say that Sarkic has a really shit haircut. Thought we done quite well at the weekend, the usual scrappy affair like it always is against Livi but much better from some of the guff I was subjected to last season. 

Some result for Ayr, was it a case of Berwick being dung or was some good football actually played?