League cup group G

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Both teams looked like shite championship sides and i think this time next year thats what theyll both be.
How far away was that from how you expect Livi to line up in the league?

Lot of the usual faces missing in the south stand which was very sparsely populated.

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Both teams looked like shite championship sides and i think this time next year thats what theyll both be.

I'd like to think if we go up we'll sign some better players than what we have. Some are good enough and others will be decent squad players if we get promoted.

23 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

For me almost a half strength team getting used to losing three huge players for us. Missing Devlin, Sibbald and Lawson from the bench before even talking about Erskine, Menga etc, pre season has had me worried a bit but after seeing the team today I think we'll stay up pretty comfortably.

Thought we bossed it for around 70 minutes and were then happy to sit in and let Falkirk dictate things. The equaliser was coming, looked like a bit of a clusterfuck from our point of view which is a concern.

Robinson, Dykes and Bartley all looked really good; the intensity of our press in the aforementioned first 70 minutes was welcome to see again as we seemed to lose that energy after Christmas last season.

Big Pepe certainly looks a unit but he looked awkward times and I think far better strikers than Connor Sammon will give him a nightmare. Sarkic pulled off a good save from Telfer in the first half and Toshney in the second, but didn’t look too clever at the goal at all and his distribution left a lot to be desired.

Build up play was fine until the final third and we really need another striker in I would say. Did cross my mind earlier than a Dykes and Hardie partnership would be quite some prospect IMO.

Be a tough game against Ayr on Tuesday given the bounce they’ll have got from reaming Berwick today. Win that and you’d have to fancy us to go through.

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

For me almost a half strength team getting used to losing three huge players for us. Missing Devlin, Sibbald and Lawson from the bench before even talking about Erskine, Menga etc, pre season has had me worried a bit but after seeing the team today I think we'll stay up pretty comfortably.

Christ the standard of the top flight must have dropped like a stone. Early days but a 1 each draw against a league one side and you're confident you'll stay up.  Mind you someone thought dykes played well when apart from a lucky goal he was awful summed up by his attempt at a pass late on which went straight to cammy bell.  If he starts this season as a striker you're fecked.

That last pelanty summed the game up perfectly, one of the worst ever.

Bigger crowd than I expected as well, guess that teenagers in a permarage internet boycott worked out well.
Keep chipping away with this stuff. I am sure the edgy patter will have some pay off soon.

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Jason King said:
That last pelanty summed the game up perfectly, one of the worst ever.

Bigger crowd than I expected as well, guess that teenagers in a permarage internet boycott worked out well.

Keep chipping away with this stuff. I am sure the edgy patter will have some pay off soon.

What on earth are you talking about now?

You only ever have facile comments when someone has an opposing opinion to you, its impossible to engage you in a proper debate  or conversation about anything as you don't have the necessary tools to partake in them. Maybe just let the grown ups have a chat without feeling the need to chip in on everything.

What on earth are you talking about now?
You only ever have facile comments when someone has an opposing opinion to you, its impossible to engage you in a proper debate  or conversation about anything as you don't have the necessary tools to partake in them. Maybe just let the grown ups have a chat without feeling the need to chip in on everything.
I have facile comments? The last two posts you have made prior to this have been smarmily digging out p&b posters talking about or taking part in a boycott of the club.

A win on Tuesday night will give us a really good chance of going through. Can’t get too carried away sticking 7 past Berwick as they were awful but I’m glad we’ve not lost our knack of scoring goals over the summer.

Going by McCalls interview Murdoch and Docherty will come in for Tuesday night but I’d be tempted to leave the rest of the team as it is.

A win on Tuesday night will give us a really good chance of going through. Can’t get too carried away sticking 7 past Berwick as they were awful but I’m glad we’ve not lost our knack of scoring goals over the summer.

Going by McCalls interview Murdoch and Docherty will come in for Tuesday night but I’d be tempted to leave the rest of the team as it is.
Why is Forrest not starting at the moment?

So we cruised to a penalty win for 2 points. :lol: 

Should've had that game wrapped up long before they scored a 90th min equaliser, and Dykes was clearly fouled as he was through on goal, but the ref bottled it, in front of less than 1,500 home fans of a League One club, FFS.

Almost scored just after their equaliser too, when we put in a ball that flashed across goal and almost went in, still lacking that killer finish up front, though Dykes is fairly scoring goals, 3 so far in 5 games, but others need to start chipping in with some too. We've plenty of midfielder capable of getting goals.

Big game coming up against Ayr on Tues night, anything other than a win and we can forget getting through the group stages.

No idea

Can’t really drop the 2 wingers that played today considering they both scored and laid on goals for Doolan and Moffat.
Course you can, now is the time to be swapping players about. I assume certain players weren't starting today because he's saving them for Tuesday

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:
30 minutes ago, D said:

No idea

Can’t really drop the 2 wingers that played today considering they both scored and laid on goals for Doolan and Moffat.

Course you can, now is the time to be swapping players about. I assume certain players weren't starting today because he's saving them for Tuesday

Likewise. I'd reckon that McCall sees Forrest & Ross as our first string ahead of McGuffie & McCowan and more than likely Murdoch and Docherty would be ahead of Kerr and Kelly in the pecking order, although a fully fit and functioning Kerr along with young Kelly definitely gives us far more of an attacking threat.

The great thing is that we've got lots of options as we can always sacrifice a winger and stick in an extra midfielder for our tougher games or go all out attacking with lots of pace and movement when we feel we need to.

I'm maybe being unfair on him but I just feel Docherty while being a great guy and a hard worker is pretty limited in some respects for this league, but certainly it's still great to have him in the squad.

Likewise. I'd reckon that McCall sees Forrest & Ross as our first string ahead of McGuffie & McCowan and more than likely Murdoch and Docherty would be ahead of Kerr and Kelly in the pecking order, although a fully fit and functioning Kerr along with young Kelly definitely gives us far more of an attacking threat.
The great thing is that we've got lots of options as we can always sacrifice a winger and stick in an extra midfielder for our tougher games or go all out attacking with lots of pace and movement when we feel we need to.
I'm maybe being unfair on him but I just feel Docherty while being a great guy and a hard worker is pretty limited in some respects for this league, but certainly it's still great to have him in the squad.
I'd say Murdoch if fit will start every week in the midfield 4 rest of the places will be up for grabs, even though Doc is club captain I don't think he's a guaranteed starter.