League Cup Group C

Lebowski

15 hours ago, rhliston said:

Its very simple Mountain Goat Stirling A DONT TURN UP.  The majority of Albion fans have decided to boycott this game due to the pricing by Alloa. Even the Board are making a stand by refusing Boardroom Hospitality and paying to get into the ground.  Even their own fans are not happy at the price and don't expect many of them to turn up either. 

If the owner of Alloa wants to rip off fans then he is entitled to do so but fans are not stupid they know when they are being fleeced and hence the boycott. If the game had been priced sensibly at say £10 for adults and £6 for concessions I reckon they would have easily doubled the attendance of the Elgin game if not more. Keep your money in your pocket and use it for something else is my advice to you. 

So in protest at ticket prices your board decided to turn down free hospitality to actually pay at the gate?  🤔

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

So in protest at ticket prices your board decided to turn down free hospitality to actually pay at the gate?  🤔

Yes and the fact that Alloa just ignored our Board requests to discuss ticket prices for this game. At the end of the day the club will get 40% of any gate money from the game, so the money paid by the directors some of which will come back to the Club.

It all makes perfect sense then.

Yes and the fact that Alloa just ignored our Board requests to discuss ticket prices for this game. At the end of the day the club will get 40% of any gate money from the game, so the money paid by the directors some of which will come back to the Club.

Not defending the board here over the ticket prices , but this board give us a team that is in the Championship and have been punching above our weight 

for years . I wonder if bino's fans being honest would prefer this over their own circumstances . swap places (and prices) in a heartbeat  IMO .

Not defending the board here over the ticket prices , but this board give us a team that is in the Championship and have been punching above our weight 
for years . I wonder if bino's fans being honest would prefer this over their own circumstances . swap places (and prices) in a heartbeat  IMO .
Perfect

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Of course we would prefer to be in the Championship rather than League 2 but we don't have the money behind the Club to afford to bring in players earning the sort of money Alloa is paying out. We live within our means and that means as a fan owned club we cannot go into debt. 

How is Alloa affording this team in the Championship ? is MM putting his own money into the club and writing it off ? Looks like the only way Alloa got where they are today, they simply could not sustain it any other way, the attendance figures at Alloa back this up. The fact is charging £18 for the Albion and Elgin games are quite simply well over the odds for a game against League 2 opposition. We charged £14 for the visit of Hibs and they are a Premier League side.  Your argument does not explain why they have to charge this amount for inferior opposition, if Albion were in the position of Alloa at present , then  I`m sure we would not be charging £18 for the visit of Alloa to Forthbank. I would hope our Board would adopt SENSIBLE pricing for this game. Fans are not mugs to be bleed dry, they are not stupid and when they see a situation like on Tuesday night they will vote with their feet and stay away. 

Alloa had the chance to greatly increase the attendance on Tuesday night it they had adopted a SENSIBLE pricing approach but choose not to. The attendance figures on Tuesday night could have been doubled if not more. 

5 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Yeah I’d swap in a heartbeat, Alloa punch well above their weight and we don’t. Though that’s not really the point here.

I’ve read a few times over the years that Alloa have pretty much ignored SAFC people in recent years when they’ve tried to discuss admission prices for a couple of recent cup ties, and also something or other to do with the Stirlingshire Cup. 

So I think Alloa have developed a reputation for acting a bit ignorant. Don’t shoot the messenger, this isn’t an anti-Alloa rant. But I think MM does what MM wants and isn’t too bothered who he communicates with in the process. 

Personally I’d quite enjoy an arrogant but successful chairman, for a laugh. Our chairman is kind of the polar opposite. 

To be honest, claiming we aren't sensibly run (which is your implication) or that we don't live within our means is nonsense. The opposite is actually the case, we are one of the most well run part-time teams in the country.

Attendances aren't the only source of income. Crucially, we own the ground and that's a cost saver/revenue generator. We've also sold or leased land to KFC and Lidl. We do a pretty good job of bringing in hospitality income. We have an in ground license on match days. Our place in the Championship means we get a significantly increased cut of the annual SPFL payout. There will be other things too. On the other side, we run a sensibly sized squad and pay our players decent, but not OTT wages.

I understand you'll love and support your club just as much as we do Alloa, which is as it should be, but really on any criterion we're miles ahead of Stirling.

Of course we would prefer to be in the Championship rather than League 2 but we don't have the money behind the Club to afford to bring in players earning the sort of money Alloa is paying out. We live within our means and that means as a fan owned club we cannot go into debt. 
How is Alloa affording this team in the Championship ? is MM putting his own money into the club and writing it off ? Looks like the only way Alloa got where they are today, they simply could not sustain it any other way, the attendance figures at Alloa back this up. The fact is charging £18 for the Albion and Elgin games are quite simply well over the odds for a game against League 2 opposition. We charged £14 for the visit of Hibs and they are a Premier League side.  Your argument does not explain why they have to charge this amount for inferior opposition, if Albion were in the position of Alloa at present , then  I`m sure we would not be charging £18 for the visit of Alloa to Forthbank. I would hope our Board would adopt SENSIBLE pricing for this game. Fans are not mugs to be bleed dry, they are not stupid and when they see a situation like on Tuesday night they will vote with their feet and stay away. 
Alloa had the chance to greatly increase the attendance on Tuesday night it they had adopted a SENSIBLE pricing approach but choose not to. The attendance figures on Tuesday night could have been doubled if not more. 

22 minutes ago, printer said:

really on any criterion we're miles ahead of Stirling.

I instinctively wanted to argue with you about that but it's largely true.  We are great at minor things like club-fan communication, we have a great playing surface, sensible pricing (!) and pretty good stadium (which isn't ours).  We also have a bigger support but Alloa's a smaller place. But all that doesn't matter an awful lot.  Give me a self-sustained club with their own stadium who have been great on the park any day.  Alloa are the gold standard for part-time clubs.  I hope before I die that we can somehow own our own stadium and climb the ladder a bit.  Stirling is too big a place to have a club treading water in the bottom division for evermore, and I miss the derbies too.

57 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I instinctively wanted to argue with you about that but it's largely true.  We are great at minor things like club-fan communication, we have a great playing surface, sensible pricing (!) and pretty good stadium (which isn't ours).  We also have a bigger support but Alloa's a smaller place. But all that doesn't matter an awful lot.  Give me a self-sustained club with their own stadium who have been great on the park any day.  Alloa are the gold standard for part-time clubs I hope before I die that we can somehow own our own stadium and climb the ladder a bit.  Stirling is too big a place to have a club treading water in the bottom division for evermore, and I miss the derbies too.

I think that you're doing Arbroath, Brechin & Dumbarton a bit of a disservice here. 

Personaly, I'd rather have a grass pitch that doesn't slope, a ground with cover on all 4 sides and never have to listen to the 'A team' theme again. 

Personaly, I'd rather have a grass pitch that doesn't slope, a ground with cover on all 4 sides and never have to listen to the 'A team' theme again. 

Artificial pitches are 100% the right option for part-time clubs. They are a significant financial benefit (getting on for £100,000 in cost savings and income I believe).

The slope was taken out of our pitch when the artificial one was put in.

I'll give you the A team and music generally though.

Stirling is too big a place to have a club treading water in the bottom division for evermore, and I miss the derbies too.

We had a wonderful opportunity to not be a club treading water in pishy, pishy league. But as you are well aware theres/ there was too many power hunger coffin dodgers involved with the club. Until we recieve good financial backing, like Alloa, we will continue to be a club treading water.

13 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

We had a wonderful opportunity to not be a club treading water in pishy, pishy league. 

No you didnt, people tried to bolster their own egos by launching a "bid" that the clubs constitution would never have allowed to succeed. That the acolytes in the Albion support worked themselves into a deluded frenzy over it tells you all you need to know about said support.

On ‎24‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 21:13, BinoBalls said:

Stirling is too big a place to have a club treading water in the bottom division for evermore, and I miss the derbies too.

Stirling have spent 22 of the 45 seasons since reconstruction into 3 leagues  in the bottom division, long passed treading water to drowning. They are a traditional bottom league club no matter how big the town is.

Edited by Jason King