League Cup Group C

Lebowski

6 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Stirling looked like a decent side but lacked anything up top. We were decent enough with and without the ball and very clinical which was pleasing

We had chances and Mackin could have had a hattrick maybe 4 goals last night but it was one of those nights when nothing went for us. Poor defending and slack marking cost us this game, would like to see the highlights to see if that incident when down 3-1 to see if the ball did cross the line or not. That was the turning point of the game imo, if that goes in we are back in the game. 

Going to be travelling up for the Elgin game on next Friday night. Where's best nearby for a good pint of beer (I'm a real ale fan myself) that lets kids in too? Thanks in advance. Also, parking recommendations for an easy get away back to Hopeman for after the game would be great! :-)

3 hours ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Going to be travelling up for the Elgin game on next Friday night. Where's best nearby for a good pint of beer (I'm a real ale fan myself) that lets kids in too? Thanks in advance. Also, parking recommendations for an easy get away back to Hopeman for after the game would be great! 🙂

The social club has an upstairs bar which allows kids. Best contact them first due to possibly extra hospitality space needed  for this game. There's a couple of big car parks within sight of the ground as well as Tesco. The leisure centre next door have announced that some of their parking area being used by BT Sport vehicles.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hibs new big money striker getting absolutely savaged on the radio. Comparisons to James Collins and Inih Effiong...

Just opened the scoring. M8.png.2775dbe135dfe08f58f5aaa9bb60d925.png

Still gives me the utter fear though. M7.png.7fb12a1510f1761cd0d083288403273f.png

Thought we did pretty well with the team we had on the park. Had to hang in during the opening 20 minutes but after getting through that we were pretty comfortable. Unfortunate we switched off mid 2nd half and conceded a daft goal. We did however lack any real attacking threat throughout. 

Clearly need to add to the squad. Team today was basically last year's Championship team without the loan players who added a fair bit of the attacking inspiration. Wasn't even the best 11 from the squad we had available either. Buchanan and Stirling would have improved the starting 11. Hopefully Grant is seeing what he has available and what he needs to add. 

Hibs looked surprisingly shite. 

The game yesterday was reminiscent of so many of our games at home in the championship. Struggling to break down a team playing eleven behind the ball with loads of sideways passing going nowhere. 

Thankfully Murray and Allan came on at half time to give us a bit more going forwards. Kamberi can have no complaints at getting hooked. 

Not been at all convinced by us so far this season, although it’s very early. Vela is going to need to be some player.