Jump to content
Reid

League Cup Group F

Recommended Posts

Thought we desreved a point tonight and if we can sustain the same energy and tempo in the league the future looks bright.......imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jack Purdue was unbelievable first half, looks an absolute player

Edited by qpfc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QP fans will be the more encouraged than Thistle fans, despite the result. Tidy enough on the ball and fought for everything. Can't fault anyone for effort. Galt a consistent class act, Purdue looking very promising and Block looks like he has all the attributes required for this level. 

Neil McCannesque tactics from Caldwell. Trying to be far too clever and intricate with players who obviously won't be capable of what he's asking. Miller extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch and would have been off had he not been successfully refereeing the game until the actual ref couldn't not book him. Subbed straight after. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Miller extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch 

wut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:


You just hang onto that.

Enjoy your defeat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Nizzy said:


 


wut

Should have been booked earlier. Constantly in the refs ear. Using QP players heads as elbow rests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, an86 said:

QP fans will be the more encouraged than Thistle fans, despite the result. Tidy enough on the ball and fought for everything. Can't fault anyone for effort. Galt a consistent class act, Purdue looking very promising and Block looks like he has all the attributes required for this level. 

Neil McCannesque tactics from Caldwell. Trying to be far too clever and intricate with players who obviously won't be capable of what he's asking. Miller extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch and would have been off had he not been successfully refereeing the game until the actual ref couldn't not book him. Subbed straight after. 

Agreed we looked crap, and agreed Caldwell is a fanny. You’re right that Miller was fortunate to stay on the pitch, but more because he looks absolutely useless (goal aside) - he did absolutely nothing to warrant a sending off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Broomfield? It closed 25 years ago! 😂

Btw, Queens Park are at home to the mighty Jags at the "Penny Cars" stadium tonight and we're 2-0 up,. 😀

I just noticed I typed that lol😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Menny Killer no good. Ball just bounces off him. 
Shea Gordon Rubbish. 
Saunders a huge liability. 
Mid-table season ahead (at best).
I can understand your pessimism but 2 wins out of 2 give the guys a chance remember worse teams than us have been promoted in the past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enjoy your defeat.

Enjoy your win. Can't see too many for you in the season ahead if that's the sum of it. O'Ware pumping the ball as far as he can seemed to be the only tactic Thistle had.

 

Happy, though, with Queen's. Despite so many new faces, I feel we've gelled pretty quickly. The whole team deserve credit for the two displays so far. We look solid at the back.

 

The two subs up front might be the ones we start the league campaign with. Thistle struggled with Alfie and Salim's goal was perfect.

 

We finished the game very strongly and the hard pressing we did had Thistle toiling as the game went on.

 

Grant was outstanding; possibly his best game for us.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Adrian Madaschi said:

The Queens Park fans are stranger than Alloa fans (if at all possible)

Wee man syndrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Wee man syndrome.

Don't worry. We'll still chip in for the next Save The Jags campaign when this consortium thing inevitably goes tits up. We know you're not all wanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, an86 said:

Should have been booked earlier. Constantly in the refs ear. Using QP players heads as elbow rests. 

You appear to be the only person in the stadium, other than the completely inept ref, who thinks that challenging for a header is worthy of a card.

The only player who was "extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch" was the lad who poleaxed Alex Jones. And I assume the guy who pulled Mansell back in the last five minutes was on a yellow and the ref sh*t out of sending him off - that's the only plausible explanation for failing to book him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nizzy said:

The only player who was "extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch" was the lad who poleaxed Alex Jones. And I assume the guy who pulled Mansell back in the last five minutes was on a yellow and the ref sh*t out of sending him off - that's the only plausible explanation for failing to book him.

Not even sure what incidents you're talking about tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Irony

^doesn't understand what irony is. Unless I’ve just missed the Thistle fans whining about being hard done by in a game against a bigger team (hint: I haven’t, because it hasn’t happened).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...