League Cup Group F

Reid

13 hours ago, jaggyness said:
14 hours ago, The Clyde Man said:

Humble pie coming your way.emoji1267.png

Didn't the last time you played thistle in a cup competition it resulted in you getting your arses handed to you by our 19s in the challenge cup?

The Clyde team that night was younger than the Thistle team ( apart from Smith & Marsh who had been injured and missed pre season ) the team was full of boys and not one first team player.  Ferguson even played his own boy in midfield

Edited by shawfielder

13 hours ago, Hammer Jag said:

Also looking forward to baiting the rapist. The last time I saw him at Firhill was our opening game against Utd in 2013. I’ve never seen a player so visibly affected by  fan abuse. He was a mess that night.

That was properly hilarious. Goodwillie was just taking shots from anywhere in the hope that one would go in and he could give it the GIRUY to the Northy. Shame he is/was utter shite. Hooked after an hour if I remember rightly.

Yes, it’s bizarre that Thistle fans can’t grasp that our team that night was full of some of the worst teenagers we’ve ever had. Our first team were next door doing a training session. 

Edited to add that it probably wouldn’t have made any difference given that Ferguson was still in charge.

Edited by Karpaty Lviv

14 hours ago, Bridgeton Clyde Boy said:

We have been saving ourselves for thistle. 

In the way that a bride might save herself for her groom.

Edited by Sao Paulo

I don't think that chucking your own inexperienced youth team out there to get a kicking because you knew your first team would probably lose to the Thistle Colts anyway, makes the situation any less embarrassing.

Just now, Nightmare said:

I don't think that chucking your own inexperienced youth team out there to get a kicking because you knew your first team would probably lose to the Thistle Colts anyway, makes the situation any less embarrassing.

It’s was more Ferguson’s contempt at the colt teams being in the competition in the first place. 

Yes, it’s bizarre that Thistle fans can’t grasp that our team that night was full of some of the worst teenagers we’ve ever had. Our first team were next door doing a training session. 
Edited to add that it probably wouldn’t have made any difference given that Ferguson was still in charge.
Yes, I seem to remember Clyde giving a game against a premiership "colts" side all the respect it deserved. Other clubs should do likewise in the challenge cup IMO.

Pretty funny that Wednesday is Clyde's biggest game in about 10 years. The hatred we get from Clyde is amazing considering we couldn't care less about them. 
I've been to Broadwood a couple of times recently as a neutral and they still sing "we are the Thistle haters". I can't imagine why they care about us anymore but they clearly do.

28 minutes ago, DazzJag said:

Pretty funny that Wednesday is Clyde's biggest game in about 10 years. The hatred we get from Clyde is amazing considering we couldn't care less about them. 

It’s our biggest game since a play off final two months ago, aye.

In all seriousness have 0 confidence for Wednesday.. think thistle will get at least 3/4
Equally have zero confidence being a thistle fan and having seen us lose to teams we should be beating. Don't care how narrow but hope we can get the win in 90 to top the group

21 hours ago, Walter said:
22 hours ago, DazzJag said:

I've been to Broadwood a couple of times recently as a neutral and they still sing "we are the Thistle haters". I can't imagine why they care about us anymore but they clearly do.

Love it when Partick Thistle fans get their knickers in a twist at the slightest suggestion that it's a derby match.

Imagine lying about going to a Clyde game and hearing a song. Strange bunch. 

34 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Love it when Partick Thistle fans get their knickers in a twist at the slightest suggestion that it's a derby match.

Aye alright Kevin calm down.

I can't imagine why you'd think I would lie about something so utterly mundane.

The last one I was at was the Annan game where Ally Love made racist c**t of himself.

52 minutes ago, Walter said:

I can't imagine why you'd think I would lie about something so utterly mundane.

The last one I was at was the Annan game where Ally Love made racist c**t of himself.

If it was a subject so utterly mundane, why did you take time to post on it?   Why then deflect by raising an incident from ages ago which has been debated to the nth degree over and over?

You must have little time in your life for the things you like if you spend so much on those you find mundane and offensive.

If it was a subject so utterly mundane, why did you take time to post on it?   Why then deflect by raising an incident from ages ago which has been debated to the nth degree over and over?
You must have little time in your life for the things you like if you spend so much on those you find mundane and offensive.
It took about 10 seconds to post. I mentioned Love because it was only remarkable thing about a dull game. I wasn't offended and have no interest in reigniting some old debate.
Are all Clyde fans this touchy?