League Cup Group F

Reid

Still have a chance of winning the group troops 🤠 Partick need to drop points midweek against *checks notes* Clyde...

Never mind we got a chance of best runners up?

Excellent news if true despite the horrendous result today.

Still have a chance of winning the group troops [emoji1783] Partick need to drop points midweek against *checks notes* Clyde...

Never mind we got a chance of best runners up?

Excellent news if true despite the horrendous result today.

IMG_0140.thumb.jpg.60130c917569286b2b3b40d00ab7ef6e.jpg

Going forward we've looked decent the past two games and Lewis Smith was also involved in both goals, although pretty much the only two things he done in the game today, but the boy can clearly pick out the right pass.

Defensively I'm worried, Scott McMann looks like our best defender and that's a worrying prospect. Aaron McGowan was atrocious today and that's excluding the penalty mess. He couldn't beat a man, he couldn't pass and he couldn't win a header. I know he's a fans favourite, and rightly so, but if that had been McMann putting in that performance he'd have been getting all sorts of abuse.

Gogic tries god love him but he's not a footballer and Easton was also terrible before he came off injured. I think McKenna has potential and wins a lot in the air but needs to practice the placement of his headers, he could've had a few goals already in this competition if he could place the ball.

Oakley looked decent when he came.

After everything that c**t's done this week! Give it a fucking rest.

No idea what he’s done this week hard to keep up all I know is that he’s phoned the Swedish PM about freeing a rapper.

Also calm down mate it’s just a football forum.

5 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

No idea what he’s done this week hard to keep up all I know is that he’s phoned the Swedish PM about freeing a rapper.

Also calm down mate it’s just a football forum.

I wouldn't worry too much Roger as Owsley is the rabid Yesser who tried to bring Politics into the Accies support in 2014 and was soon told that was a no-no.

All welcome at The Brian Rice,Chips and Curry Sauce Stadium-whatever your Politics as we are a broad church and love of the real hoops is what matters-not your Politics.

13 minutes ago, Walter said:

I lost interest in the game after the Thistle fan a few rows behind me collapsed. I really hope he made it.

Yip, I was a few rows in front and it was pretty awful. A few people right in front of him were in tears and fair play to the supporter who administered CPR to him until the medical crew got to him. Could have saved his life. Lets hope so!!

Edited by Sting777

Just now, Sting777 said:

Yip, I was a few rows in front and it was pretty awful. A few people right in front of him were in tears and fair play to the supporter who administered CPR to him until the medical crew hot to him. Could have saved his life. Lets hope so!!

Was worrying watching this at the opposite end of the stadium and hopefully the guy recovers.It brought back memories of an Accies fan dying  after having a heart attack at Firhill during our spell there.

I wouldn't worry too much Roger as Owsley is the rabid Yesser who tried to bring Politics into the Accies support in 2014 and was soon told that was a no-no.
All welcome at The Brian Rice,Chips and Curry Sauce Stadium-whatever your Politics as we are a broad church and love of the real hoops is what matters-not your Politics.

I mean it wasn’t a political post and I don’t even care about American politics.

Just find the man funny.

Anyway the post was meant to be me taking aim at Airdrie at how easy it will be to beat them next week.

Won’t be commenting on what he did in the past as I am not clued up on it and I really don’t want our own support to be arguing with each other over politics.

There is a designated forum for that.

2 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

From what I've seen in our games against the two sides , Thistle should have far too much for Clyde.

Our only hope is a decent result against Airdrie. Won't be holding out much hope though.

Good hoping for a stress free Wednesday  night 

But yeah if Partick (and it is a very big if) drop point(s) against Clyde that should be motivation enough for the players to absolutely destroy Airdrie next week, if they don’t serious questions will be asked if Rice already.

From some distance away I couldn't really see what happened to Hughes. It looked like Cardle landed on top of him after the tackle and at the time I was surprised that he stayed down. What actually happened?

Hope both Hughes and the Thistle fan taken away in the ambulance are OK.
Game seems insignificant after these events.

1 hour ago, Im_Rodger said:

Also hope the Partick fan is okay.

Wish him a full and speedy recovery.

Yup. All the best to wee Arnie and the Accies player who was stetchered off.