League Cup Group F

Reid

18 minutes ago, DAVIDB69 said:

Flash scores seems to think there is VAR at the Hamilton game

16 minutes ago, Im_Rodger said:

Yeah saw that. 

No idea what was up. 

Flashscore & Livescore updates are synced to bookies sites (I think it's b365 but not 100%) for their goal updates.

The problem here is that the bookies like to create excitement in their wee in-play boxes, so even if the ball is tapped into the net after someone was miles offside, they'll still show it as if a goal happened, and then reverse it. They also occasionally make mistakes and say goals have happened when they haven't. Flashscores assuming it was a VAR correction rather than just a bookie f**k-up.

Edited by Nightmare

Seriously worried about us this season if that is the state of our defence. Gogic was absolutely abysmal, as was Easton before he went off injured. 

And why in God's name did McGowan take that penalty?! 

9 minutes ago, d_t_b said:

Seriously worried about us this season if that is the state of our defence. Gogic was absolutely abysmal, as was Easton before he went off injured. 

You're George Oakley and you have a one on one with the keeper to open your account for the season, and you let the right back take it! You're in the wrong job if you're not grabbing that ball. I'd have also thought Cunningham might have been keen to get his hat trick. Six out of six just rubs it in.

Horrendous. Smith and Cunningham the only one with pass marks but neither should be starting in the premiership. Our defence a complete joke with McGowan putting in one of the worst professional performances I’ve ever seen then deciding he would take the penalty. Gogic is never a footballer in a million years and Easton is well and truly done and can’t play at Centre back.

Luckily St Mirren look just as bad as us but we will be 11th at best next year by some distance if that’s the squad we go with.

On the plus side they’ve saved me £12 since next week is now a pointless game.

I thought it was a piss-take when someone said before the game that he was the penalty taker. That will no doubt be his last one.

The first half resembled a L1 side (us) going up against a Championship side (Thistle). Constantly giving the ball away as soon as they got it and simply hoping for someone to be bigger or quicker than the opposition. The goal was well-worked by Smith, McMann and Cunningham, but the rest was rotten.

For 10 minutes or so in the second, we looked quite good and missed a few great chances (Oakley, Alston, McGowan, McMann), however the defensive display from the three centre-backs was completely laughable. None of them had a clue where to be or what to do.

Cunningham's goal was good, to be fair, and he at times looked alright. I wouldn't expect him to do anything of note in the Premiership though.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Horrendous. Smith and Cunningham the only one with pass marks but neither should be starting in the premiership. Our defence a complete joke with McGowan putting in one of the worst professional performances I’ve ever seen then deciding he would take the penalty. Gogic is never a footballer in a million years and Easton is well and truly done and can’t play at Centre back.

Luckily St Mirren look just as bad as us but we will be 11th at best next year by some distance if that’s the squad we go with.

On the plus side they’ve saved me £12 since next week is now a pointless game.

We'll likely go through if we win next week..........I think?

Played some great stuff today but the defence has still to gel. McGinty was dreadful and Tom O’Ware still to get up to speed, which is understandable. Thought Robson was excellent and linked up well with Penrice. Not sure why they swapped positions in the 2nd half. Lots to be pleased about in that display. Nice touch by the Accies gate crew to let us in for nothing. What a joke that was! A victory against Clyde should see us through. On a more  serious note I hope the Accies boy and the Jags fan that looked like he had a heart attack are ok! 

Edited by Sting777

As usual folk going over the top.

First half dire,second half if we had scored one of our plethora of chances at 2-1,we would have went on to see it out easily, but let Thistle back into it with their first decent attack in the second half.

Both sides missed chances at 2-2,us a penalty and Kenny Miller at the end.Midfield mix still not right and defence as we all know weaker than last season so a work in progress.

Probably qualify as best runners up if we win next week but the two early subs hindered us as Rice would have brought Oakley and Davies on I feel last 30 and that would have done the job versus that Thistle defence.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

We'll likely go through if we win next week..........I think?

Thistle play Clyde on Wednesday. Win that and our game v Airdrie is meaningless.

ETA: We could be one of the best runners up, actually.