League Cup Group F

Reid

1 hour ago, an86 said:

QP fans will be the more encouraged than Thistle fans, despite the result. Tidy enough on the ball and fought for everything. Can't fault anyone for effort. Galt a consistent class act, Purdue looking very promising and Block looks like he has all the attributes required for this level. 

Neil McCannesque tactics from Caldwell. Trying to be far too clever and intricate with players who obviously won't be capable of what he's asking. Miller extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch and would have been off had he not been successfully refereeing the game until the actual ref couldn't not book him. Subbed straight after. 

Agreed we looked crap, and agreed Caldwell is a fanny. You’re right that Miller was fortunate to stay on the pitch, but more because he looks absolutely useless (goal aside) - he did absolutely nothing to warrant a sending off. 

Menny Killer no good. Ball just bounces off him. 
Shea Gordon Rubbish. 
Saunders a huge liability. 
Mid-table season ahead (at best).
I can understand your pessimism but 2 wins out of 2 give the guys a chance remember worse teams than us have been promoted in the past

Enjoy your defeat.

Enjoy your win. Can't see too many for you in the season ahead if that's the sum of it. O'Ware pumping the ball as far as he can seemed to be the only tactic Thistle had.

Happy, though, with Queen's. Despite so many new faces, I feel we've gelled pretty quickly. The whole team deserve credit for the two displays so far. We look solid at the back.

The two subs up front might be the ones we start the league campaign with. Thistle struggled with Alfie and Salim's goal was perfect.

We finished the game very strongly and the hard pressing we did had Thistle toiling as the game went on.

Grant was outstanding; possibly his best game for us.

28 minutes ago, Hammer Jag said:

Wee man syndrome.

Don't worry. We'll still chip in for the next Save The Jags campaign when this consortium thing inevitably goes tits up. We know you're not all wanks. 

10 hours ago, an86 said:

Should have been booked earlier. Constantly in the refs ear. Using QP players heads as elbow rests. 

You appear to be the only person in the stadium, other than the completely inept ref, who thinks that challenging for a header is worthy of a card.

The only player who was "extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch" was the lad who poleaxed Alex Jones. And I assume the guy who pulled Mansell back in the last five minutes was on a yellow and the ref sh*t out of sending him off - that's the only plausible explanation for failing to book him.

1 minute ago, Nizzy said:

The only player who was "extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch" was the lad who poleaxed Alex Jones. And I assume the guy who pulled Mansell back in the last five minutes was on a yellow and the ref sh*t out of sending him off - that's the only plausible explanation for failing to book him.

Not even sure what incidents you're talking about tbh.

1 hour ago, spiders4ever said:

Irony

^doesn't understand what irony is. Unless I’ve just missed the Thistle fans whining about being hard done by in a game against a bigger team (hint: I haven’t, because it hasn’t happened).

2 hours ago, Nizzy said:

And I assume the guy who pulled Mansell back in the last five minutes was on a yellow and the ref sh*t out of sending him off - that's the only plausible explanation for failing to book him.

That was one of the few instances where the ref was consistent all evening, given that he hadn't booked Thistle's no. 8 and 16 for the same offence in the first half.

Thought we were average on Saturday and poor last night but .... suppose 6 from 6 is the main thing. The lack of creativity is my main concern. Both goals were well worked last night (particularly Robson's) but aside from this and a couple of other occasions, we basically seemed to resort to lumping long balls all match.
Was actually pretty impressed with Queens - think they may well have a decent season - but as mentioned earlier reckon a couple of their players were pretty fortunate to escape dismissal later in the game.
We definitely still need another 2 or 3 bodies though .....

3 hours ago, Cnoc Moire said:

We definitely still need another 2 or 3 bodies though .....

If we're sticking with 3-5-2 then we definitely need another central defender, and probably another right wing-back too. 2 more attacking players needed as well, so 3-4 more signings required IMO.

Our team looks like it could be:

OFW
McGowan McKenna Gogic Easton McMann
Alston Hughes Smith
Ogkmpoe Miller

I've had a stab at the formation as a few things don't make sense, but they played with a similar team at some point against Raith. A 4-3-3 might actually be more likely, but I'm not convinced he'd play Easton in a two.

Our team looks like it could be:

OFW
McGowan McKenna Gogic Easton McMann
Alston Hughes Smith
Ogkmpoe Miller

I've had a stab at the formation as a few things don't make sense, but they played with a similar team at some point against Raith. A 4-3-3 might actually be more likely, but I'm not convinced he'd play Easton in a two.
That looks most likely. Suppose Gogic could be in midfield with Smith further forward but I would doubt it.