League Cup Group F

Reid

Hamilton, Thistle, Airdrie, Queens Park and Clyde.

Would imagine all teams will be happy with the group.

Will be good to pump Airdrie and Clyde again tbh.

As always would've loved an away day I've not been to (Annan Athletic, Berwick Rangers, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City) but failing that - it's a good group.

Would be a shame if we were going to New Douglas Park twice though. I know the second seeds are away to the top but is there any pattern for which of the 3 unseeded teams you play away from home?

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

As always would've loved an away day I've not been to (Annan Athletic, Berwick Rangers, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City) but failing that - it's a good group.

Would be a shame if we were going to New Douglas Park twice though. I know the second seeds are away to the top but is there any pattern for which of the 3 unseeded teams you play away from home?

I've never noticed one.

Just popping in here to say that surely even the SPFL aren't incompetent enough to make one of the fixtures Clyde v Hamilton, effectively giving Hamilton three home games? 

Just now, The Master said:

I've never noticed one.

Just popping in here to say that surely even the SPFL aren't incompetent enough to make one of the fixtures Clyde v Hamilton, effectively giving Hamilton three home games? 

Doubt that’ll be a consideration and why should it, if it falls into the pattern then that’ll be what it is.

I've never noticed one.
They'll probably try and avoid that, so we pretty much already know we'll have Airdrie and QP away [emoji38]
It could well happen though.

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

I've never noticed one.

Conversely if we are facing Hamilton "away" then 3 of our games will be at Hamilton too :lol:

Got to be pleased with that group. The last couple of times we've faced Thistle competitively we've been an absolute gang so it'll be good to go up against them with a good team this time.

Just now, Christophe said:

Doubt that’ll be a consideration and why should it, if it falls into the pattern then that’ll be what it is.

There isn't a pattern for the unseeded teams. 

The only guaranteed pairing is 1st vs 2nd. The rest are up in the air. 

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

New pitch at Broadwood won't be ready till late July

Just now, Adolfo Rios said:

Pitch at Broadwood is being re-laid.  

I see, wouldn't mind 3 home fixtures and QP away, that'll essentially guarantee us 1st. 

52 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Conversely if we are facing Hamilton "away" then 3 of our games will be at Hamilton too :lol:

Got to be pleased with that group. The last couple of times we've faced Thistle competitively we've been an absolute gang so it'll be good to go up against them with a good team this time.

Yeah, but remember the Jay Lang friendly?