Jump to content
Reid

League Cup Group F

Recommended Posts

Hamilton, Thistle, Airdrie, Queens Park and Clyde.

 

Would imagine all teams will be happy with the group.

 

Will be good to pump Airdrie and Clyde again tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton (a)

Airdrie (h)

Queens Park (h)

Clyde (a) - played at Hamilton. Typical Clyde...

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always would've loved an away day I've not been to (Annan Athletic, Berwick Rangers, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City) but failing that - it's a good group.

Would be a shame if we were going to New Douglas Park twice though. I know the second seeds are away to the top but is there any pattern for which of the 3 unseeded teams you play away from home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

As always would've loved an away day I've not been to (Annan Athletic, Berwick Rangers, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City) but failing that - it's a good group.

Would be a shame if we were going to New Douglas Park twice though. I know the second seeds are away to the top but is there any pattern for which of the 3 unseeded teams you play away from home?

I've never noticed one.

Just popping in here to say that surely even the SPFL aren't incompetent enough to make one of the fixtures Clyde v Hamilton, effectively giving Hamilton three home games? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Master said:

I've never noticed one.

Just popping in here to say that surely even the SPFL aren't incompetent enough to make one of the fixtures Clyde v Hamilton, effectively giving Hamilton three home games? 

Doubt that’ll be a consideration and why should it, if it falls into the pattern then that’ll be what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've never noticed one.
Just popping in here to say that surely even the SPFL aren't incompetent enough to make one of the fixtures Clyde v Hamilton, effectively giving Hamilton three home games? 
They'll probably try and avoid that, so we pretty much already know we'll have Airdrie and QP away
It could well happen though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Master said:

I've never noticed one.

Just popping in here to say that surely even the SPFL aren't incompetent enough to make one of the fixtures Clyde v Hamilton, effectively giving Hamilton three home games? 

Conversely if we are facing Hamilton "away" then 3 of our games will be at Hamilton too :lol:

Got to be pleased with that group. The last couple of times we've faced Thistle competitively we've been an absolute gang so it'll be good to go up against them with a good team this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Christophe said:

Doubt that’ll be a consideration and why should it, if it falls into the pattern then that’ll be what it is.

There isn't a pattern for the unseeded teams. 

The only guaranteed pairing is 1st vs 2nd. The rest are up in the air. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Why are Clyde playing at NDP? 

New pitch at Broadwood won't be ready till late July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Why are Clyde playing at NDP? 

They’ve found asbestos in the bovril urn at Cumbernauld 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

Why are Clyde playing at NDP? 

Pitch at Broadwood is being re-laid.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

New pitch at Broadwood won't be ready till late July

 

Just now, Adolfo Rios said:

Pitch at Broadwood is being re-laid.  

I see, wouldn't mind 3 home fixtures and QP away, that'll essentially guarantee us 1st. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fact we should tear this group apart.

Anything below 1st will be unacceptable and put Rice under some early pressure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thistle away on a Saturday is the only thing I want from this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three tinpot Lanarkshire clubs who hate us and Queens Park.

Ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Conversely if we are facing Hamilton "away" then 3 of our games will be at Hamilton too :lol:

Got to be pleased with that group. The last couple of times we've faced Thistle competitively we've been an absolute gang so it'll be good to go up against them with a good team this time.

Yeah, but remember the Jay Lang friendly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...