League Cup - Group H

parxyz

FT 1-0

We won, we got a clean sheet and we are still in the cup.

There endeth the positives. Less said about the rest of the game the better.

Credit to Edinburgh, they came and dug in and on another day they would have got the draw.

Onto East Kilbride!

We don't half make these group stages look like a piece of piss. That's P 10 W 8 D 2 over the last three seasons.

Edinburgh City could be a bit stodgier on Saturday but even a draw would see us through, provided we beat EK next weekend. Think everyone will be hoping/expecting 12/12 again though and see us seeded in the last 16.

If we didn’t take our foot off the gas at 6-0, I think that would have been double figures tonight. I know it’s only Albion Rovers, but we played some brilliant football there, before just passing it around like it was a training game and giving some kids a run out.

Turner and Nisbet looked excellent and should have had 7/8 between them. Expect more rotation for Saturday. Ryan and Coley will likely come back into the team.

Confortable from the start, Turner showed he’s got game and could work really well behind the strikers. Scully looked nervy, needs to settle down . Dunno what got into smart, but he spent his entire time on the pitch running into people, odd stuff with the game well gone.

Hopefully goodfellow is alright, was giving thumbs up coming off which was good to see

Smart looked like he was trying hard but was all elbows and pushing. Turner quite rightly told him to gtf with an apology. No need to leave that on him. Hope Goodfellow is ok, didn’t seem like there was a huge contact or at pace thankfully.

update from Albion rovers forum

Goody is in the hospital, he got the neck brace off and was able to turn his head both directions. 

He has bad bruising on his cheek and is awaiting an X-ray. As you can imagine he’s a bit groggy but has messaged back and forth and is sitting up on his phone.

Read more:  http://arfc.proboards.com/thread/1518/dunfermline#ixzz5tySlsnU3

nice one.

Edited by D.A.F.C

Didn’t realise it was a neck injury for Goodfellow. Good luck to him, hope it’s something he can recover from soon.

Oh my! What a doing! The Pars look a cracking side set to have a good season but their smashing win in Paisley on Sunday is a better measure of that than the poor competition we were.

That was definitely a rude awakening after such a promising performance on Saturday. We were always going to struggle to create much against a much better side (although we did have chances) so a good defensive performance was key... and that was not a good defensive performance. Clarke at left back was clearly identified early on as a weak link and Dunfermline utterly roasted him. That caused Wharton to come charging out of central defence several times leaving the ineffectual Krones on hos own on the middle. The defending for crosses was as bad as ever too and at times I feared John Brogan had sneaked into the dug-out.

There were very few pass marks. Young East tried his best to hold the ball up on the odd occasion it came near him, and Byrne put in his usual shift of hard running, but only Morena could be said to have a good game.

The above said, we're still miles better than the first three quarters of last season, and we won't play many teams as good as the Pars this season... thank God!

What’s the situation with tickets/entry on Saturday for Edinburgh City? There’ll be a fair bit of interest from Pars fans in this one, not that the crowd will be anywhere near capacity.

3 hours ago, smpar said:

What’s the situation with tickets/entry on Saturday for Edinburgh City? There’ll be a fair bit of interest from Pars fans in this one, not that the crowd will be anywhere near capacity.

I can get you in for twenty nicker, no questions asked squire...

Pay at the gate, £12 and £6.

With my team (motherwell) playing tonight and staying in East Kilbride, I was thinking about going along to K-Park for the game tomorrow, won't be an issue getting in will it? Also, has it been mentioned whether or not the cricket/rugby club or the golf club will open for drinks before hand?

3 minutes ago, Neil86 said:

With my team (motherwell) playing tonight and staying in East Kilbride, I was thinking about going along to K-Park for the game tomorrow, won't be an issue getting in will it? Also, has it been mentioned whether or not the cricket/rugby club or the golf club will open for drinks before hand?

Tickets for this match went on sale at K Park last week on a first come first served basis.  There may still be tickets available but you should probably phone first to avoid disappointment.