League Cup - Group H

parxyz

6 hours ago, LuoAnLai said:

I'm not sure Pars fans should be throwing stones in this particular glass house.  The treatment of the last few managers has not been a model of patience and politeness and there are a fair few people that were pretty negative about Crawford.

What are you slavering about? Which manager was treated poorly?

As for Crawford, the jury is definitely still out. He's got his own squad now and has thrown last season's players under the bus, so let's see how he goes.

I'm not sure Pars fans should be throwing stones in this particular glass house.  The treatment of the last few managers has not been a model of patience and politeness and there are a fair few people that were pretty negative about Crawford.

Care to expand on this? Last permanent manager to be given less than 2 and a half years was Stephen Kenny in 2006/7...

Jim Jefferies even survived a 3-0 home defeat to Cowdenbeath in the playoffs, which should definitely be a sackable offence.

John Potter was always a temporary appointment, to the end of that season. It didn’t work out and we kept him on as a coach, telling AJ he had to work with him. I’d say that’s pretty decent treatment...

1 point out of 24 might be a fair reason tbf

3 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

What are you slavering about? Which manager was treated poorly?

As for Crawford, the jury is definitely still out. He's got his own squad now and has thrown last season's players under the bus, so let's see how he goes.

I think I'm right in saying John Potter's family got abuse in the street at one point before he stepped down.  The atmosphere last season before AJ went was pretty rank.

You were having a go at St Mirren fans for wanting rid of a succession of managers.  Pars fans are just as bad.  We've had some shocking managers in my time watching the Pars (Jocky Scott anyone?) , but it feels to me like the support is less patient than it's ever been...or I might just be getting old.

17 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Stubbs only got to 77 and you lot wanted him gone before that. Another poor result in the League Cup and a few losses to start the Premiership campaign and the Midden fans will all be wanting the guy punted, as they did with Craig, Teale, Rae, Ross, Stubbs...

Fine, I'll bite.

By the same token, very few wanted Kearney to get punted, even though he had a win rate of only 19%, so how do you reconcile that with your low-level trolling? Also, 'all' the St Mirren fans wanted Ross punted did they, aye?

I'm sure I have memories of you being a decent poster. Must be confusing you with someone else because you're like a shit virginton, and he's a fucking idiot.

Fine, I'll bite.
By the same token, very few wanted Kearney to get punted, even though he had a win rate of only 19%, so how do you reconcile that with your low-level trolling? Also, 'all' the St Mirren fans wanted Ross punted did they, aye?
I'm sure I have memories of you being a decent poster. Must be confusing you with someone else because you're like a shit virginton, and he's a fucking idiot.
Relax bro, take your licks and move on.

15 hours ago, LuoAnLai said:

I think I'm right in saying John Potter's family got abuse in the street at one point before he stepped down.  The atmosphere last season before AJ went was pretty rank.

You were having a go at St Mirren fans for wanting rid of a succession of managers.  Pars fans are just as bad.  We've had some shocking managers in my time watching the Pars (Jocky Scott anyone?) , but it feels to me like the support is less patient than it's ever been...or I might just be getting old.

Yeah, anecdotal evidence of a loony shouting at someone's family is not reflective of the Pars support. You knew that already though.

You think people were being impatient with AJ? He overstayed his welcome by months and months and even then it never reached truly poisonous like at a lot of other clubs.

9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fine, I'll bite.

Struggling to understand how you seem to know it's trolling but still end up melting into a puddle of rage. My working theory is you wouldn't get annoyed at all if I was just speaking total bollocks.

The Midden fans had to back Kearney to the hilt or they'd have to concede their hysterical weeping about Stubbs and his recruitment was a tad over the top. 

As for Ross...

One good season later and he was the Messiah and well on his way to failing to get the side with the biggest budget by a mile into the English second tier.

4 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Yeah, anecdotal evidence of a loony shouting at someone's family is not reflective of the Pars support. You knew that already though.

You think people were being impatient with AJ? He overstayed his welcome by months and months and even then it never reached truly poisonous like at a lot of other clubs.

Struggling to understand how you seem to know it's trolling but still end up melting into a puddle of rage. My working theory is you wouldn't get annoyed at all if I was just speaking total bollocks.

The Midden fans had to back Kearney to the hilt or they'd have to concede their hysterical weeping about Stubbs and his recruitment was a tad over the top. 

As for Ross...

One good season later and he was the Messiah and well on his way to failing to get the side with the biggest budget by a mile into the English second tier.

The problem is, you are just writing total bollocks. One fan does not equal all fans. In fact, the same line you've written to defend Pars fans applies here. You knew that already though.

Edited by Coventry Saint

EK v Rovers highlights. Rovers could have scored a barrel load in the second half EK keeper was in good form

Alan Martin was EK keeper, played for quite a few Championship clubs in his career. Good acquisition for EK

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

The problem is, you are just writing total bollocks. One fan does not equal all fans. In fact, the same line you've written to defend Pars fans applies here. You knew that already though.

The Dunfermline supporters at Sunday's game had a black and white union jack. I wonder if that flag represents all the Pars fans ? 

Alan Martin was EK keeper, played for quite a few Championship clubs in his career. Good acquisition for EK 
Yeh think he was in goals for clyde the day we won the league there, played well

EK dont look as good a previous seasons think they will struggle with the other teams who have big money this year

8 hours ago, Munoz said:

The Dunfermline supporters at Sunday's game had a black and white union jack. I wonder if that flag represents all the Pars fans ? 

Well it's black and white so 🤪