League Cup - Group H

parxyz

As we’ve never realistically been in with a chance of getting out the group I’ve never paid much attention to the process for doing so. Too hard for me to work out but if we end up with 9 points and don’t go through I’ll be on here 5 pints deep giving the SPFL absolute pelters.

Tomorrow will be tough right enough, thought EK were a match for us in the first half last time we played even with Darren O’Dea lasting his customary 20 minutes before being hilariously sent off.

Prediction: 2-0 City and me to have a macaroni pie for my tea.

What a disaster this group was for us. Good news is that it’s only the league cup and plenty time left to sort out the obvious flaws in the squad.

Need to start ASAP.

St Mirren tho :)

Point now enough on Saturday to see us top the group which is mental, been a funny group.

I also see both keepers were booked tonight, moving too early I guess but I thought that had been suspended during shoot-outs, was the ref being a fanny?

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

St Mirren tho :)

Point now enough on Saturday to see us top the group which is mental, been a funny group.

I also see both keepers were booked tonight, moving too early I guess but I thought that had been suspended during shoot-outs, was the ref being a fanny?

The ref did tell them before but the St.Mirren keeper was nearly outside the wee box never mind his line.  Rovers keeper less so... 
Well played Rovers - unlucky in the end. Some difference in the performance from last week. Rovers hit the bar and St.Mirren had a gaol chopped off, nothing between the teams, Rovers young keeper looks very capable and had a great match. Turned 18 last week. 
Penalties were a lottery with the ref booking both keepers for saving pens whilst off their lines... what a stupid rule. Smart and Brian missed. St.Mirren pen hit the post and bounced off keeper and rolled in.... Roll on Sat... could finish bottom or joint top ! 

Can't fathom a world where EK beat us on Saturday, but that would be something.

Worrying thing for us is we actually nearly threw a 3 goal lead against that utter dross.