League Cup - Group H

parxyz

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Not sure how the game will go on Saturday just hope we turn up and look organised. Think Goodwin will do well at st mirren if he sets them up the same as Alloa. Defensive but hard working and sometimes very good. Bit like him really.

can't see any goals being scored on sat.sun is another matter altogether.

Strange results have happened in the group stage of this competition ever since it was introduced.

They will happen in this group too. On paper we should win 4 games out of 4, but we almost certainly wont.

No matter, as long as we get through of course.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=Fairway_to_Football&ID=11324

One of our signings over the summer is the son of ex St Mirren player Tommy Turner who apparently made over 120 appearances for St Mirren. 

I have absolutely no idea how the game will go, we can lose it and still finish as one of the top runners up right enough. 

On 11/07/2019 at 07:21, Stellaboz said:
On 10/07/2019 at 20:34, D.A.F.C said:
Not sure how the game will go on Saturday just hope we turn up and look organised. Think Goodwin will do well at st mirren if he sets them up the same as Alloa. Defensive but hard working and sometimes very good. Bit like him really.

Saturday is a stick on for 0-0

:lol:

We are super prepared this season.

One of our signings over the summer is the son of ex St Mirren player Tommy Turner who apparently made over 120 appearances for St Mirren. 

I have absolutely no idea how the game will go, we can lose it and still finish as one of the top runners up right enough. 

Older Pars fans will remember Tommy Turner well.

He was our captain when we beat your financially doped up Jimmy Calderwood team to the First Division title in 2000.

The Bubble Didnae Burst.

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

Older Pars fans will remember Tommy Turner well.

He was our captain when we beat your financially doped up Jimmy Calderwood team to the First Division title in 2000.

The Bubble Didnae Burst.

Remember that day well. Great player for us Tommy . ex Morton iirc. Coys

Helped you a lot the following season as you sunk like a stone.

Indeed.

We were spending within our means whereas clubs like yourselves, Motherwell, Dundee and Rangers (David Murray’s banker was your chairman) were spending money you didn’t have. It wasn’t a level playing field and we were relegated as a result.

All 4 of you would go into admin (and 1 would be liquidated) in the subsequent years as a direct result of it.

I actually remember some of our fans saying back then that they wished we had a chairman like Gavin Masterton who wasn’t afraid to splash the cash 🤪

Indeed.

We were spending within our means whereas clubs like yourselves, Motherwell, Dundee and Rangers (David Murray’s banker was your chairman) were spending money you didn’t have. It wasn’t a level playing field and we were relegated as a result.

All 4 of you would go into admin (and 1 would be liquidated) in the subsequent years as a direct result of it.

I actually remember some of our fans saying back then that they wished we had a chairman like Gavin Masterton who wasn’t afraid to splash the cash 🤪

So f**k

22 hours ago, Lex said:

Indeed.

St Mirren, the club that hosted a Celtic club shop at their home ground, trying to take the moral high ground.

f**k me.

St Mirren, the club that hosted a Celtic club shop at their home ground, trying to take the moral high ground.
f**k me.

IMG_0868.jpg

https://thecelticstar.com/dunfermlines-cup-celtic-flag-day-evening-citizen-ps-happy-birthday-celtic/

Well this is awkward.

That’s one of the most craven things I’ve ever seen. Imagine your own fans holding up a banner saying ‘ Happy Birthday Celtic’

How embarrassing. Least the Celtic fans have a ‘soft spot’ for you though!

On 12/07/2019 at 18:09, Grant228 said:

The boy was at youth set up if he is anything like his dad he will be a diamond.