League Cup - Group H

parxyz

They play at Spartans ground ainsley park. Bit out the way, nearest station is waverley about 3 miles you are £9 in a taxi or 45 mins on a bus not any pubs nearby and as Spartans ground is in a leisure centre the parking is murder too

Ground has a bar in it that is busy but cheap and cheerful pies are decent enough

Take a hat as the sun shines in your eyes the full time

45 minutes [emoji15] You could walk it in 45 minutes. Get a 37 from right outside Waverley for 15 minutes and get off at Crewe Toll, 10 minute walk from there if that. Alternatively walk to the Mound and get a 27 and have a 15 minute bus journey with a 5 minute walk. If you insist on a taxi get one from Haymarket rather than Waverley.

4 hours ago, Lebowski said:

45 minutes emoji15.png You could walk it in 45 minutes. Get a 37 from right outside Waverley for 15 minutes and get off at Crewe Toll, 10 minute walk from there if that. Alternatively walk to the Mound and get a 27 and have a 15 minute bus journey with a 5 minute walk. If you insist on a taxi get one from Haymarket rather than Waverley.

When I went there I just walked and stopped off at a few pubs on the way. The walk back after the game straight to Waverley took me around 40 minutes if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are St Mirren shaping up do you guys have a full squad? A manager change at the end of preseason is never much good for a quick start to the season.

I wont be going to Paisley and opt to watch it in the pub instead, should make the rest of the games though.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

How are St Mirren shaping up do you guys have a full squad? A manager change at the end of preseason is never much good for a quick start to the season.

I wont be going to Paisley and opt to watch it in the pub instead, should make the rest of the games though.

Around 16 players good core from last season squad to be 22 . Goodwin is idolized in Paisley so will be given plenty time. Goodwin in interviews wants high tempo attacking football. Fingers crossed I'm looking forward to seeing Cody Cooke he had great performances tail end of last season a vastly improving player.

2 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Around 16 players good core from last season squad to be 22 . Goodwin is idolized in Paisley so will be given plenty time. Goodwin in interviews wants high tempo attacking football. Fingers crossed I'm looking forward to seeing Cody Cooke he had great performances tail end of last season a vastly improving player.

Goodwin is one of the few managers who comes across really well interviews, he will do well at St Mirren - probably could do without that guy who keeps coming out and saying St Mirren will win the league or champions leagueor whatever he fanices.

10 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

Goodwin is one of the few managers who comes across really well interviews, he will do well at St Mirren - probably could do without that guy who keeps coming out and saying St Mirren will win the league or champions leagueor whatever he fanices.

Tony is a dreamer the fans feet are firmly on the ground we know our place. Surviving this season will be seen as success then build from there. How do you feel at Dunfermline you should be challenging in the championship. 

16 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Tony is a dreamer the fans feet are firmly on the ground we know our place. Surviving this season will be seen as success then build from there. How do you feel at Dunfermline you should be challenging in the championship. 

As long as Goodwin is given time and resources I see him eclipsing Jack Ross' excellent work at St Mirren. 

It's been a bonkers close season, played getting sold, released and freed against a back drop of every team in the Championship tightening their belts, Dundee, Dundee Unt and Partick aside. Could be an interesting season if Crawford and Sheilds get the team playing as well as they talk football then I could see us as outsiders for going up, if giving young kids a chance proves to be a disaster then we could easily go down. Who knows but as usual there will be plenty twists and turns, hopefully starting with a good result on Sunday!

Let's be honest a point each should be more than enough and even a low scoring loss/win would still get us both out the group providing there are no shocks in the other games.

Not sure how the game will go on Saturday just hope we turn up and look organised. Think Goodwin will do well at st mirren if he sets them up the same as Alloa. Defensive but hard working and sometimes very good. Bit like him really.

Not sure how the game will go on Saturday just hope we turn up and look organised. Think Goodwin will do well at st mirren if he sets them up the same as Alloa. Defensive but hard working and sometimes very good. Bit like him really.
Saturday is a stick on for 0-0