League Cup - Group H

parxyz

It's a bit meh for me- played Kilby enough times in LL and in the Irn Bru Cup last year (they gave us a game tbf), St Mirren a couple of years ago and Albion Rovers 4 times in the League last season. I'd rather have a game against Hibs or Hearts to add to City's vast fortunes :rolleyes:.

Dunfermline is the only one with a bit of novelty about it.  I'd like a visit to East End Park (we got shoved into a corner of the main stand the last time which was a bit boring) if only because it might be a bit of a squeeze at Ainslie Park if the Pars fans come out in force.

I don't mind a trip to Coatbridge for a sesh in Owen's although that game has "midweek fixture probably" written all over it!

Dunfermline is the only one with a bit of novelty about it.  I'd like a visit to East End Park (we got shoved into a corner of the main stand the last time which was a bit boring) if only because it might be a bit of a squeeze at Ainslie Park if the Pars fans come out in force.

You would probably end up at the end of the main stand again tbf, that’s where smaller supports are given.

Ainslie would be fine , highly doubt the attendance would top the peterhead match.

A midweek trip to Paisley beckons.. ach well, wasn't too bad the last time...

sm1.thumb.jpg.9e0fb80fb2250f7c77eadba68b99389b.jpg

Definite penalty.. which we didn't get! 

A Saturday in Coatbridge drinking in Owen's again. At least its trainable.  Avoided  going to K Park where it always seems to rain when we play them... And I'd like to have gone to East End Park but at least some Pars fans are happy. 

They play at Spartans ground ainsley park. Bit out the way, nearest station is waverley about 3 miles you are £9 in a taxi or 45 mins on a bus not any pubs nearby and as Spartans ground is in a leisure centre the parking is murder too

Ground has a bar in it that is busy but cheap and cheerful pies are decent enough

Take a hat as the sun shines in your eyes the full time

3 hours ago, Chris_the_rover said:

They play at Spartans ground ainsley park. Bit out the way, nearest station is waverley about 3 miles you are £9 in a taxi or 45 mins on a bus not any pubs nearby and as Spartans ground is in a leisure centre the parking is murder too

Ground has a bar in it that is busy but cheap and cheerful pies are decent enough

Take a hat as the sun shines in your eyes the full time

You're being optimistic Chris as judging by the weather we've been having he should take a sou'wester instead! 

The new housing estate near by called "City Park" is built on the site of Edinburgh City's home from 1936 to 1955, which hosted League football. It was used by Ferranti Thistle from the 1960s to 1974 and then Spartans from 1975 to 2009. 

5cf834b9ea1c4_CityPark8.jpg.dfc8bba18b67ffa30c6acc793a9a14df.jpg

They stopped spectators sitting in the wooden stand around the late 1980s- it was getting a bit ropey!