League Cup Group D

Expected result, the gap in class was scarily obvious.

Fair play to DFC, the better team by a mile and for the fan numbers they brought down with them,excellent. 

Having said that,to the game; there was a point when I wondered if there might be a bit a riot on the field, given the way that excuse for a Referee was handling the game.  The highlights will be "interesting"to view!!  Some of the decisions were bizarre,that along with his inconsistency. I was sat 15 yards away when Matthews was fouled in the box, very clear view........stick on penalty?  ..nae chance.

The difference in class was a real wake up call, we did well in the friendlies....so well Mendy got MOTM against Stirling!!!! Enough said, he had a 'mare today.

Onwards and upwards Rovers, well done The Dee, the better team won.

Dundee overall were the better side. We were the masters of our own downfall at times, 1st time i have seen us this season and mendy was brutal for the vast majority of that game. Wanted too much time on the ball, caught out of position several times and leaving big gaps that dundee nearly capitalised on. That aside, thought hendry played well, alongside mathews. I would possibly play anderson out wide over vitoria. Allan done well at points, holding the ball up and trying to bring midfield into it. Had we scored at 2-0, would have been an interesting last 20 minutes. As for the standard of referee, absolutely brutal, mendy had a better game than him. We always seem to get the shitiest of shite refs at home games. Not the reason we lost, but its good to have a moan about it. I must have missed what mcglynn was unhappy and ranting about. Seen him come on the pitch, but thought he was actually having a go at the team for giving the ball away so cheaply for the 1st.

Dundee deserved to win the game and no complaints. Disappointing a lot of the direct chances came from absolutely unforced/gifted errors on our part, however (Mendy. Oh ya hoor). 

Playing the sliding doors card, Without that early error the game could have been very different. Another turning  point was the penalty not given at 2-0. But... 

Getting out the group was always a tough ask and with our squad size probably unadvisable! 

Anyway, good luck to the Dees for the season. The good guys of Dundee! 

16 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Dundee overall were the better side. We were the masters of our own downfall at times, 1st time i have seen us this season and mendy was brutal for the vast majority of that game. Wanted too much time on the ball, caught out of position several times and leaving big gaps that dundee nearly capitalised on. That aside, thought hendry played well, alongside mathews. I would possibly play anderson out wide over vitoria. Allan done well at points, holding the ball up and trying to bring midfield into it. Had we scored at 2-0, would have been an interesting last 20 minutes. As for the standard of referee, absolutely brutal, mendy had a better game than him. We always seem to get the shitiest of shite refs at home games. Not the reason we lost, but its good to have a moan about it. I must have missed what mcglynn was unhappy and ranting about. Seen him come on the pitch, but thought he was actually having a go at the team for giving the ball away so cheaply for the 1st.

He bizarrely, seemed to be raging at Nelson 'pushing' Mendy for the first goal.

I did think at the time that it looked like Nelson had at the very least nudged Mendy as they came together, causing him to lose the flight of the ball but as the game carried on it became more apparent that might not have been the reason.

I actually think McGlynn made the right call I’m leaving him on. It’s obviously a natural reaction to want him to be taken off but if he hooked him at half time or earlier his confidence is gone, completely shot. We’re going to need him this season so better to leave him on and give him the experience of how little time he’s going to have on the ball and how quickly he’ll be pressed. It’s clear he’s never played a level near this one before and certainly never in front of more fans. The one real concern I have is that he wasn’t *that* dominant in the air, often opting to try put his foot in instead, with disastrous consequences. I can accept if he’s a bit cumbersome with the ball at his feet but he must win every header that goes near him in that case. I’m sure he’ll improve.

Terrible, awful shout at one point from some moron at the back of the stand, advising the referee to “kill himself”. Utterly despicable, not welcome at my football club. Berate him for his performance if you want but that really crosses a line - by a long, long way.

I did think at the time that it looked like Nelson had at the very least nudged Mendy as they came together, causing him to lose the flight of the ball but as the game carried on it became more apparent that might not have been the reason.

I actually think McGlynn made the right call I’m leaving him on. It’s obviously a natural reaction to want him to be taken off but if he hooked him at half time or earlier his confidence is gone, completely shot. We’re going to need him this season so better to leave him on and give him the experience of how little time he’s going to have on the ball and how quickly he’ll be pressed. It’s clear he’s never played a level near this one before and certainly never in front of more fans. The one real concern I have is that he wasn’t *that* dominant in the air, often opting to try put his foot in instead, with disastrous consequences. I can accept if he’s a bit cumbersome with the ball at his feet but he must win every header that goes near him in that case. I’m sure he’ll improve.

Terrible, awful shout at one point from some moron at the back of the stand, advising the referee to “kill himself”. Utterly despicable, not welcome at my football club. Berate him for his performance if you want but that really crosses a line - by a long, long way.
I heard that shout as well, and so did my 4 and 8 year old kids. Horrific shout and my 8 year old couldn't get his head around it.

It came about ten rows down and most people will know who it was.

Fair play to a couple of young lads (early teens) who shouted down that it was out of order.

Before anyone starts the 'say something at the time and not on here' chat, I've challenged similarly offensive shouts at away games with the kids there and it hasn't gone well.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Remember seeing it at the time, but didn't think the media would get a cheeky photo of it. Here was McPake's reaction to John McGlynn getting carded:

D_Xr9_YXUAEs9_H.jpg

Glad you got the McCann idiot off the avatar.

Thank you.

Already booked accommodation in Glasgow for the 7th - 8th December for the final*

* There is absolutely no way this quote will come back to haunt me...

After party with all Dees welcome at my flat after we pump Sellick 6 in the final

Thank You

6 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Not losing it just stating fact. When did you last win a major trophy?

A while. What's it like being the worst full-time in Scotland where even part-timers have their way with you?

Edit: We won the Championship and enjoyed a spell in Scotland's top tier. When'd you lot last manage that?

(I like Raith for the record, but come on pal).

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

A while. What's it like being the worst full-time in Scotland where even part-timers have their way with you?

What's it like heading towards admin 3 then claiming its never your fault? That team wont get you back to the Premiership. 

Anyway...

John McGlynn's defending of Nando Mendy is absolutely admiral. It's admiral that it was Admiral Nelson that notched the two goals that McGlynn is being admirable about. Mendy's defending was not admirable.

39 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Edit: We won the Championship and enjoyed a spell in Scotland's top tier. When'd you lot last manage that?

(I like Raith for the record, but come on pal).

In that time gone into admin twice lol but it wasn't your fault lol