League Cup Group D

Well, that's my first time seeing us this season and there's a lot of questions about the backline. Four centre backs on the pitch and three goals come from high balls into the box.

McDonald looked uncomfortable at first but grew into the game. I felt Millar looked lost in the middle of the park. Matthews and McKay struggled at times and service was poor for Allan and Anderson. Munro looked decent enough considering each of the goals were largely down to what was in front of him.

The one ray of hope from today is Regan Hendry. He was fantastic for most of the game and was the only problem in a stress free afternoon for Caley. When he gets to full fitness he'll be a real asset.

Watching Dundee today was like a taking a time machine back to tippy tappy sideways and backwards McCann stuff. Compounded with the absence of movement and any notion of pass and go the complete lack of urgency ensured we did not create one single decent chance.
There’s one saving grace- the defence so far looks more solid than last season, but where o where are we going to score goals from?

Another good 90 mins from us.Best chance of the game fell to Ben Armour who smacked it straight at the keeper.Penalties always a lottery.Good luck to the dee for the season ahead it could be a long one

3 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Few chinks of light but simple enough for Caley.

We absolutely cannot be starting games with Mckay, Davidson and Benedictus all on the pitch. 

McGlynns refusal to actually  sign players for a position has always got on my nerves. I thought he might have learned but it appears not. McKay is not a right back. McGlynn/Smith dont have the coaching ability to make a right back of him. 

We can't play in the league with players out of position every week. 

Wasn’t at the game but heard from people there that the score line may have slightly flattered us. Whatever anyway I still don’t care if we go through or not. A good performance next week at Dundee will be the most important thing.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

We missed about 5 clear chances in the 2nd half. It didn't flatter us at all. 

I'd second that in all honesty. Towards the end there were players queuing up and it was a mix of some good saves by Munro and misfortune for Caley that kept the score down. McGlynn admitted that he had to go two up front at the end which led to gaps at the back. 

14 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Just watch that first goal. The referee is looking directly at the Inverness player pulling the jersey of the defender on the line stopping him from heading out that cross. Nonsense

He's pulling his arm rather than the jersey and the Raith player has a handful of the ICT player's jersey. Still, it 's fairly obvious and a foul should have been given.

On 21/07/2019 at 12:40, foreverarover said:

Just watch that first goal. The referee is looking directly at the Inverness player pulling the jersey of the defender on the line stopping him from heading out that cross. Nonsense

I'm trying to but I'm mesmerised by Mendy's attempt to track his man each time I watch it.

As I said on the Raith thread, the Raith defender who you lot are claiming was foulded, nearly had Tam Walsh's shirt off his back. Should've been a penalty had White not scored.