League Cup Group D

[mention=74830]RossBFaeDundee[/mention] 's fault? No I doubt it was. Probably the boards fault tbf.
I like Raith, but you are ruining the high standards of Raith posters by being an utter melt.

Please ignore Frank, most Raith fans do.

He’s harmless but doesn’t cope well with ‘banter’.

22 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Managers we have to face in this group:

James McPake
John McGlynn
Jim McInally
Paul Hartley

IMG_5154.jpg

Just looking at that, 4 out of the 5 managers have all been at Dundee at some point in their career.

Watched the footage on Raith TV, have to say if  it was a foul on the defender for the first goal then for me it looked like it would have been s very soft decision, there is a wee nudge and a stumble but the defender simply has to do much much better. Again for the penalty there's a wee nudge from the Dee No 6 but it doesn't change anything Nando lifts his foot too high, there's contact and it's a pen all day, poor decision making by Nando, twice!.   We might have had a pen too though the Dee man plays the ball but through the Matthews leg, Meekings (?) makes less contact with the ball than the player but I suppose he did get a touch. No biggie, the games a bogie by then anyway 2-0 down after 27 mins and the game plan is well shot!

Third goal was from good play Dee dragged Davo and Nando wide left and hey presto we were cut open unlike the self inflicted wounds of the other 2 goals, all in all Dundee were stronger and better and looked like they wanted it far more. than we did (especially defensively).

Edited by Scottydog
Had another look at the video footage.

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Remember seeing it at the time, but didn't think the media would get a cheeky photo of it. Here was McPake's reaction to John McGlynn getting carded:

D_Xr9_YXUAEs9_H.jpg

Mmm - that pic is prior to kick off - note the wee boys with the flag in the background 

14 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Remember seeing it at the time, but didn't think the media would get a cheeky photo of it. Here was McPake's reaction to John McGlynn getting carded:

D_Xr9_YXUAEs9_H.jpg

I think he's checking for his extra leg.

You haven't won a trophy in decades numbnuts!

Yet we already have one hand on the trophy this season. We will cede the Caramel Wafer cup to Raith (in return for a few of Tunnocks finest) and just take the League Cup and Scottish Cup to go with our unbeaten Championship season this year.

It’s good to be optimistic.

Thank You

Not really sure what all the complaining about the refereeing was about after watching the game back. There was absolutely nothing contentious about any major decision he made apart from a few wee things. Meekings tackle for penalty shout and Ness challenge were never fouls I don't think.

I don't think Raith's penalty shout was very convincing live, even less upon watching the replay. Meekings barely makes contact, and the Raith player leans into it well before contact, and the fall was clearly overstated. I do think we got off with a couple of refereeing decisions, but I think that one was fair.

We were will beaten by a better side.

I thought the ref was poor and let Dundee away with more than he let us away with but of the 3 big decisions I think he got 2 out of 3 right.

1st goal - saw no foul at the time and the highlights haven't changed my mind.

Penalty for Dundee - nudge on Mendy and should have been a free kick to us but still very silly to challenge like that.

Rovers penalty claim - at the time I thought it was a pen but having seen it back I would be gutted if we conceded one like that so no pen for me.

Thought Matthews was ready good for us yesterday.

Was on holiday all of pre season so this is the first of me seeing Mendy. A tad worried and hoping it was just an off day.

Please can we have a proper right back play at right back this season!