League Cup Group D

These games are like pre season but with a competitive edge. Cant read too much in to them but it's nice to have a comfortable win for a change. 

By far the better team, we are merely a league 1 team. It was inevitable.

Very much hoisted by our own petard today. Dundee didn't have to work for the first two goals, and the game was effectively over by half time.

We improved a touch in the second half, and definitely should've had a penalty. Dundee proved with the third goal, however, that they've got a level of quality that we just don't have.

As much as they were a little overrun early doors, I like that midfield three of Hendry, Matthews and Spencer. Already looks like a much better balance than any midfield we fielded last season. Victoria and Bowie both look sporadically dangerous, and will cause problems for teams in League One.

Regular readers will not be surprised by this, but I'm going to state *yet again* that playing a centre half at full back is a ridiculous notion and it should be stopped immediately. Dave McKay is an excellent prospect, as a central defender. He acquits himself manfully at right back, but he doesn't have the right skill set, especially if we're expecting to dominate possession in games.

And finally, I don't imagine Nando is going to enjoy the video analysis in the week, but he was much better after half time. If he can get to grips with the pace of the game, and stop being caught in possession, he'll do fine as a blood and thunder defender. Maybe. Hopefully.