League Cup - Group A

I can only really agree with what Neilly has written above me. Heart of Midlothian dominated the match but found Graeme Smith in sensational form - his double save, the clearance off the line and the ball hitting the crossbar within seconds was outrageous. I thought we might have taken them to penalties but it wasn't to be. Makeshift striker Craig Halkett's equaliser was a very cheap goal to concede given how well we had defended the penalty box up until that point and an unlikely late winner was suddenly on the cards. A tactical masterstroke from Craig Levein!

Nevertheless, I'm hugely proud of Stenhousemuir's effort last night. Everyone should be very pleased with their performances, especially Smith, Andy Munro, David Marsh, Scott McLaughlin and Mark McGuigan. Even although it was a relatively low-stakes game, his goal will stay with me for a long time. What a brilliant moment!

At the start of the the group all I was looking for was to be going into the Hearts game with something to play for. We've achieved that, not in the way I expected but we have done it!

Now in the betting world Hearts should be odds on to win but East Fife against any higher opposition over the last few seasons has been anything but straightforward.

Hopefully a cracking game on Saturday & who knows what will happen. One thing for sure our guys will be giving it 100% as always.

5 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

I can only really agree with what Neilly has written above me. Heart of Midlothian dominated the match but found Graeme Smith in sensational form - his double save, the clearance off the line and the ball hitting the crossbar within seconds was outrageous. I thought we might have taken them to penalties but it wasn't to be. Makeshift striker Craig Halkett's equaliser was a very cheap goal to concede given how well we had defended the penalty box up until that point and an unlikely late winner was suddenly on the cards. A tactical masterstroke from Craig Levein!

Nevertheless, I'm hugely proud of Stenhousemuir's effort last night. Everyone should be very pleased with their performances, especially Smith, Andy Munro, David Marsh, Scott McLaughlin and Mark McGuigan. Even although it was a relatively low-stakes game, his goal will stay with me for a long time. What a brilliant moment!

Good to see Andy Munro doing well even though he's a Hibee. Good Saughton lad.

3 hours ago, LiamA said:

At the start of the the group all I was looking for was to be going into the Hearts game with something to play for. We've achieved that, not in the way I expected but we have done it!

Now in the betting world Hearts should be odds on to win but East Fife against any higher opposition over the last few seasons has been anything but straightforward.

Hopefully a cracking game on Saturday & who knows what will happen. One thing for sure our guys will be giving it 100% as always.

Be quite funny if East Fife end up winning the group after losing at Cowden on the opening day. Wonder what the odds on EF and EK winning their groups are.

Again, absolutely nothing wrong with that third goal, even though we still won I still feel robbed by that decision!!!

East Fife 0-1 Hearts

Walker (15mins)

Hearts rampaging down our left hand side, we’re really struggling to cope with them there, Higgins is having a great game so far but Watt is having a mare!!!