League Cup - Group A

9 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

What's the rule for teams finishing level? Is it goal difference then goals scored, or head to head result?

4.12 When each of the Clubs and clubs participating in each of the Groups shall have played 4 Matches the winner of each Group shall be determined on the basis that the Club or club with the greatest allocated points in the group shall be the Group winner. In the event that 2 or more Clubs or clubs are equal on points at the top of a Group the Group winner shall be determined by the application of the following criteria in the following order:-

(i) overall goal difference, with the greatest positive goal difference ranking highest;

(ii) most goals scored;

(iii) most away goals scored;

(iv) most matches won;

(v) most Away matches won; and

(vi) drawing of lots using a procedure determined by the Board. The higher or earlier criteria will first be applied and lower or later criteria will only be applied where a higher or earlier criteria has failed to identify the Group winner. Where there are more than 2 Clubs or clubs to be differentiated based on these criteria and at any stage one or more of such Clubs or clubs is lower on the application of the criteria of 2 or more Clubs or clubs then such lower Club(s) or club(s) ‘drops out’ at that stage of the application of the criteria and no further criteria is applied to it to determine the Group winner. The results of any Penalty Kick competition shall be excluded from determining the rankings of Clubs pursuant to this Regulation 4.12. The score at full time shall be taken as the final score

Edited by cowdenbeath

What's the rule for teams finishing level? Is it goal difference then goals scored, or head to head result?

If east fife beat hearts in 90 minutes they top the group

If they beat hearts on penalties they finish 2nd in 8 points which gives a slim chance of qualifying as one of the 4 best runners up

Better than St Mirren anyway

Another stroll in the park victory for Kraig's Krazy Krew. An absolute joy to watch at times, honestly can't see us losing a single game at Tynecastle this season.
Spoiler

That was utterly fucking harrowing

^^^^doing as good a job as can be expected of pretending to take the league cup seriously

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

^^^^doing as good a job as can be expected of pretending to take the league cup seriously

There was a point that the Hearts TV commentator was talking about getting a row from his girlfriend for not doing the laundry. You don't get that in heated league games v St Johnstone.

I mean let's be honest here Graeme Smith has had a worldy but for sheer graft alone I thought the team deserved to take that to penalties.

Very proud of the players tonight they couldn't have given any more.

I feel Hearts are in for a long season. Very one paced and lack a real spark in midfield from what I seen tonight. Hickey is the real deal though look forward to see how he progresses in the coming years but a blind man can see he's going to the top.

25 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

There's a small part of me that is impressed by the way Hearts fans cope with their brutal version of football offered up season after season after season...

If clonazepam was a wee shop selling bacon rolls I'd rate it 5 stars on Yelp