League Cup - Group A

23 minutes ago, OzzyArab92 said:

Totally agree with this. Not sure what Cammy smith has to do to get a game.

The remaining betfred games will be a good insight into how neilson is going to play this season. If he doesn’t go two up top in the games then I’ve got no hope for us improving our goal tally this season. Shankland needs service and right now he isn’t going to get it.

I think 4-2-3-1 would be ok if the three behind Shankland were Banks, C Smith and McMullan tbh. I really cannot see Robbie Neilson deviating from that formation too much, sadly. Clark has his qualities, but being a number 10 is not one of them.

Edited by Sarto Mutiny

I think 4-2-3-1 would be ok if the three behind Shankland were Banks, C Smith and McMullan tbh. I really cannot see Robbie Neilson deviating from that formation too much, sadly. Clark has his qualities, but being a number 10 is not one of them.

I think you’re right but don’t see this happening at all. Once (if ever) Sow and Pawlett get fit they will be straight back in. Shankland will quickly become a number 10 with poor service. Got to hope Mcmullan and Pawlett improve there service.

18 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Any other attack-minded team, and Utd were losing by 2 or 3. Genuinely surprised how outmatched they were, considering Hearts' weak preseason. Thought it would've been a much tighter game than that.

:lol:

We used 22 outfield players against Arbroath. Of those players, only Berra, Hickey and Clare started last night.

Oh, and pre-season friendlies are completely and utterly meaningless.

We weren't half shite today...

Fair play to Cowden though, out-fought and out-thought us. first 10 minutes we looked on top and thought we might be heading for a reasonably comfortable win but after that we were all over the place. Cowden defended very well and barely gave us a sniff, and managed to look threatening on the break. On that performance, I'd have thought you'll be looking towards the top 4, rather than the Lowland league trapdoor this season.

We'll need to improve dramatically before the first league game comes round.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

We weren't half shite today...

Fair play to Cowden though, out-fought and out-thought us. first 10 minutes we looked on top and thought we might be heading for a reasonably comfortable win but after that we were all over the place. Cowden defended very well and barely gave us a sniff, and managed to look threatening on the break. On that performance, I'd have thought you'll be looking towards the top 4, rather than the Lowland league trapdoor this season.

We'll need to improve dramatically before the first league game comes round.

Thanks @Gordon EF pretty fair summary time will tell and fingers crossed all the best to EF for next season looks like  a decent squad assembled.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

While that was happening at Lords

In a game that was probably ignored by the people that were actually playing in it

Zimbabwe beat Ireland to draw their T20 series in Ireland

Thanks for letting us know.

Are Hearts confident of getting one of the best 2nd place spots behind us?

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Thanks for letting us know.

Are Hearts confident of getting one of the best 2nd place spots behind us?

That should have gone on the Cricket thread, I've deleted it to avoid further confusion

As for your question

I think it's disrespectful to make any predictions about Group A before Stenhousemuir have even played their first game.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)