League Cup - Group A

1 minute ago, coppola said:

I'm still wanting this

Just now, Tynierose said:

Ok you and @Dele decide how you're doing it and PM me.

I'm fine with whatever. I'll get my £100 to you before kick off of the first derby of the season. 

United win, @coppolatakes the pot. Any other outcome, I take it. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

I'm fine with whatever. I'll get my £100 to you before kick off of the first derby of the season. 

The wee fucker should get an IP ban should he not cough up the cash.

17 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

If that was a boxing match, it would've been stopped long before the end. Pathetic from the championship 'favourites'.

If you were in a boxing match, you'd still be running round the ring trying to stay clear of Julian Clary's glove.

Went along tonight - not sure if it was the weather, the hangover, or being spoilt with women's football over the summer....but thought it was pretty shite. United fans made a lot of noise mind you, spent most of the night watching them.

The Gorgie Loyal minters were sitting (standing) in front of me 1st half (not 2nd, we moved). A group of 14 yo chip-pan-fires-waiting-to-happen that the rest of the year group (and society) have left behind. Misfit central. The type of wee c***s that even other wee c***s don't talk too. May their demise be quick.

Disappointed not to win that but I thought we were ok considering we are still missing a few and Uche, Walker and Washington were behind fitness wise.  We created plenty, bit of a worry we never took the chances but hoping sharpness will come. 

Not sure about Washington being immobile, thought he put a good shift in and got in a few decent positions although his finishing wasn't great at all. 

Uche was murder, Walker was good and the run out will have done him good.  

How the f**k Connolly and Bouhenna escaped without reds is beyond me.  

Overall I thought it was a decent game to watch.

43 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Disappointed not to win that but I thought we were ok considering we are still missing a few and Uche, Walker and Washington were behind fitness wise.  We created plenty, bit of a worry we never took the chances but hoping sharpness will come. 

Not sure about Washington being immobile, thought he put a good shift in and got in a few decent positions although his finishing wasn't great at all. 

Uche was murder, Walker was good and the run out will have done him good.  

How the f**k Connolly and Bouhenna escaped without reds is beyond me.  

Overall I thought it was a decent game to watch.

I thought it was a shite game from our point of view. Some may say its unfair V a team probably challenging for a European spot but the basics werent there tonight.

Alot of last seasons problems look like they're going to be there again this  year. Poor out wide, awful distribution from defence and our midfield doesn't really do anything.

We could barely string 3 passes together and as per usual ended up launching it for whatever poor b*****d drew the short straw to play up front. 

Clark again doing nothing due to being out of position, same for Stanton who was also being played out of position and our lack of effective wingers again has gone unaddressed. 

We have Cammy Smith, Sam Stanton, Paul McMullan, Peter Pawlett, Ian Harkes, Glass and Banks who could play that "number 10" role more effectively. Why play Clark? He does nothing there. Play him right up front or dont play him at all.

Playing the way we do, ill say it now, Shankland will score less than half of last seasons tally.

2 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

The mini **** going apeshit behind the goal about winning a LC group pen shootout :lol:

Morons 

I didn't see anyone going apeshit. The penalty shootout win should guarantee making the last 16 though so pretty important in terms of the competition.

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Any other attack-minded team, and Utd were losing by 2 or 3. Genuinely surprised how outmatched they were, considering Hearts' weak preseason. Thought it would've been a much tighter game than that.

It's almost like pre-season results don't matter.

10 hours ago, Dele said:

I've pm'd Tynie for his bank details. 

I'd guess Utd will be at least 5/4 on the day but I'll pay a bit more for the opportunity to act the big man on here if we win.

2 hours ago, coppola said:

I've pm'd Tynie for his bank details. 

I'd guess Utd will be at least 5/4 on the day but I'll pay a bit more for the opportunity to act the big man on here if we win.

I hope you win but I feel bad about you making the Funster homeless.

I thought it was a shite game from our point of view. Some may say its unfair V a team probably challenging for a European spot but the basics werent there tonight.
Alot of last seasons problems look like they're going to be there again this  year. Poor out wide, awful distribution from defence and our midfield doesn't really do anything.
We could barely string 3 passes together and as per usual ended up launching it for whatever poor b*****d drew the short straw to play up front. 
Clark again doing nothing due to being out of position, same for Stanton who was also being played out of position and our lack of effective wingers again has gone unaddressed. 
We have Cammy Smith, Sam Stanton, Paul McMullan, Peter Pawlett, Ian Harkes, Glass and Banks who could play that "number 10" role more effectively. Why play Clark? He does nothing there. Play him right up front or dont play him at all.
Playing the way we do, ill say it now, Shankland will score less than half of last seasons tally.

Totally agree with this. Not sure what Cammy smith has to do to get a game.

The remaining betfred games will be a good insight into how neilson is going to play this season. If he doesn’t go two up top in the games then I’ve got no hope for us improving our goal tally this season. Shankland needs service and right now he isn’t going to get it.