League Cup - Group A

15 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Will be watching this on BT Sport.

That Aidy White has played 45 minutes of the 4 pre-season friendlies - are we really going to chuck him in?

Haring, Walker, Lee, Walker all carrying injuries - probably others too - Wighton came off injured the other night - no loss, really.

Reckon Halket may be played in midfield, and I've decided that I don't really rate Bozanic - busy wee player, but unlikely to split defences with incisive passing - who is, though?

Zlamal

Smith - Souttar - Berra - Burns

Clare - Halket - Bozanic

Mulraney - Uche -  Washington

Subs from: Doyle, White, Dikamona, Brandon, Edwards, Irving, Cochrane, MacLean, Keena, Zanatta, McDonald 

White won't start and I don't think Washington will either as he's also only had 45 minutes.  I'd start McDonald and Zanatta as being fit and confident is better than coming in and trying to get up to speed.  Washington and Walker can come off the bench and then start some other group games.  I doubt it will be but I'd go for:

Zlamal

Smith Souttar Berra Hickey

Cochrane   Clare

McDonald   Zanatta   Mulraney

Uche

4 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Harkes in midfield on his own? 🤣 Not in this lifetime!

Not what I would go for, but second-guessing Neilson here...

(subs: Mehmet, Frans, Watson, Robson, Harkes, Stanton, Clark)

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 10.20.20.png

Would take this but with Appere for Sow. One of the biggest question marks for us this season is whether we get enough support up to and around Shankland. Think I'm more interested in that tonight than I am the result.

Edited by coppola

4 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Not convinced with Sow in that position Robson or Appere there instead maybe.

In fairness he says it’s an attempt to second guess Neilson so anything is possible.

I’d hope King would not get a start until he’s gelled with the squad a bit, but again Neilso may feel different.

42 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In fairness he says it’s an attempt to second guess Neilson so anything is possible.

I’d hope King would not get a start until he’s gelled with the squad a bit, but again Neilso may feel different.

He's been training with United last couple of weeks. It's not like he's just arrived yesterday. 

Have no clue what to expect from this game.

For the line-up, taking into account Neilson will absolutely play 4-2-3-1, I'm hoping Neilson lines up like this:

Siegrist

L. Smith Connolly Reynolds Sporle

Harkes/Butcher (is Butcher injured?) Bouhenna

McMullan C. Smith J.Robson

L.Shankland

Substitutes:

Deniz

Frans

Watson

Stanton

King

Pawlett

Sow

If Butcher plays, Harkes on the bench instead of Stanton

19 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

Have no clue what to expect from this game.

For the line-up, taking into account Neilson will absolutely play 4-2-3-1, I'm hoping Neilson lines up like this:

Siegrist

L. Smith Connolly Reynolds Sporle

Harkes/Butcher (is Butcher injured?) Bouhenna

McMullan C. Smith J.Robson

L.Shankland

Substitutes:

Deniz

Frans

Watson

Stanton

King

Pawlett

Sow

If Butcher plays, Harkes on the bench instead of Stanton

Not sure about Bouhenna and Butcher playing together unless we were being very defensive.  

Think we need one of the central midfield pairing to be more attack minded.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure about Bouhenna and Butcher playing together unless we were being very defensive.  

Think we need one of the central midfield pairing to be more attack minded.

My logic is that Hearts are a top 6 team that got to the Scottish Cup Final, they should (in theory) are better than us, so we should play more cautiously.

18 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

My logic is that Hearts are a top 6 team that got to the Scottish Cup Final, they should (in theory) are better than us, so we should play more cautiously.

That’s a fair point but we then need someone to link up between these two and the front players.  I’m not sure Smith will work hard enough to do that.

Happy with the starting lineup but I hope Clark is playing up beside Shankland not behind him.

ETA Appere and Banks on the bench is encouraging.

Edited by Granny Danger