Sign in to follow this  
ali_91

League Cup - Group B

There isn't a set pattern for when the games are staged but the fixtures in Group B (maybe the same with all the groups, maybe all have their own pattern, maybe all just coincidence) have always been the same, based on the order the teams were drawn in:

• Team 1: (Home to 2, 4)
  • Team 2: (Home to 3, 5)
  • Team 3: (Home to 1, 4)
  • Team 4: (Home to 2, 5)
  • Team 5: (Home to 1, 3)

That would mean Saints at home to Ross County and Brechin, so we'd have the same away games as last season. 

County at home to Forfar and Montrose, Forfar at home to Saints and Brechin, Brechin at home to County and Montrose and Montrose at home to Saints and Forfar. 

County use these games as “competitive friendlies” so Forfar and Brechin and Montrose fans shouldn’t shed a tear yet.

Think Radford was bang on with the fixtures. Saints vs county on the Sunday as it’s on BT.

I come home for a week, I get three games in :) 

Happy with these fixture. I can make Montrose and it’s the same one I can get to on the train which will allow a few pre match beers. Ticks off my 24th stadium with Saints.

I'm a neutral, doing a few BF Cup fixtures, including the St Johnstone  v Brechin one. Is there any decent free parking nearby? I know the club has their own carpark at £5 a pop, but prefer not to pay , if possible. Thanks in advance.

You'll get parked on one of the streets off Newhouse Rd, or for an evening game, it's probably safe enough to park in Tesco. Not sure about B&Q, maybe others can advise? 

All the games in the group have been pegged about £12/£6 admission. 

17 hours ago, Radford said:

You'll get parked on one of the streets off Newhouse Rd, or for an evening game, it's probably safe enough to park in Tesco. Not sure about B&Q, maybe others can advise? 

Cheers, Radford!

Yesterday's Chocolate Corporate Horseshit draw means we now get Forfar at least six times this year. Joyous. 

Will only be doing Dingwall to tick off the ground, any decent spots for lunch nearby?

36 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Yesterday's Chocolate Corporate Horseshit draw means we now get Forfar at least six times this year. Joyous. 

Will only be doing Dingwall to tick off the ground, any decent spots for lunch nearby?

Either at the stadium bar, basket suppers are available or the Mallard beside the train station.

15 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Either at the stadium bar, basket suppers are available or the Mallard beside the train station.

Cheers, Frank. The station is a fair way away, right? Don't fancy dragging three kids there and back, tbh...!

1 hour ago, barnseytheclaret said:

Cheers, Frank. The station is a fair way away, right? Don't fancy dragging three kids there and back, tbh...!

Unless I've picked you up wrong,  Frank was talking about the Ross County v Montrose match, not the Saints v Brechin game.  I think he was answering Scorge about the game at Dingwall, where the station is right beside the ground.

If you were talking about McDiarmid Park, then yes the train station is a good few miles away from the ground.

Yeah, cheers Paulo. I was talking about Dingwall, where the train station is very close to the ground. 

Although with 3 kids I'd go to the stadium bar over the mallard. 

Not at all safe to park in Tesco Crieff Road for any game. They have ANPR parking system now. B and Q will be fine.

46 minutes ago, The Marly said:
On 25/06/2019 at 19:48, Radford said:

Not at all safe to park in Tesco Crieff Road for any game. They have ANPR parking system now. B and Q will be fine.

Do you have to pay the fines at Tesco?

I know you used to be able to just ignore them.

Do you have to pay the fines at Tesco?
I know you used to be able to just ignore them.
Who knows? You give it a go and let the rest of us know how you get on

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 17:34, The Marly said:
On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 19:48, Radford said:

Thanks, TheMarly. I may end up parking on a street, just to be safe!