Dundee United 2019/2020

1 minute ago, stumigoo said:

The Robson for Sporle change really annoyed me. I actually thought he was going to bring on Robson at left-mid but to bring him on for Sporle I thought was really poor man management and will destroy Sporle's confidence. Was he bad? Not particularly. He wasn't great but nobody was. It also meant that we had made a defensive change AFTER going 2-0 down which hindered our ability to then make attacking changes when we were chasing the game. 

Agree, Neilson does make some really strange subs.  The number of players he’s been allowed to bring in and he can’t put a team on the park to compete with East Fife.

5 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

The Robson for Sporle change really annoyed me. I actually thought he was going to bring on Robson at left-mid but to bring him on for Sporle I thought was really poor man management and will destroy Sporle's confidence. Was he bad? Not particularly. He wasn't great but nobody was. It also meant that we had made a defensive change AFTER going 2-0 down which hindered our ability to then make attacking changes when we were chasing the game. 

In total agreement with you about the poor man management aspect of it. It also meant leaving Banks on who, like the rest of team, was having a poor game and would probably have benefitted from being removed rather than Sporle.

I'm not in the Neilson out camp, but it's impossible to ignore the discontent forming around him amongst our fanbase. It's very frustrating to be heading into another season with a cloud hanging over the manager (albeit nowhere near as bad as last season yet.)

35 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Aye, to a point, although Robson was much better than Sporle when he came on.

I'd give pass marks to Smith, Robson and Appere. The rest were gash. So slow and so !ittle movement all over the park. It was a genuine 442 though, for a change. I'm not blaming that change of formation for the performance but it's a pretty clear demonstration that formation means f**k all - it's about players playing with a clear plan and with intensity. Too many players today standing around waiting for someone else to show for the ball. There were a lot of grumbles about the players knocking the ball around the back but the problem for me was that no one was making himself available for a pass forward and so the back four just kept passing it waiting for some c**t to make a move.

Glorious evening though. Which was nice.

Edited by Pull My Strings

17 minutes ago, captainkev said:

In total agreement with you about the poor man management aspect of it. It also meant leaving Banks on who, like the rest of team, was having a poor game and would probably have benefitted from being removed rather than Sporle.

I'm not in the Neilson out camp, but it's impossible to ignore the discontent forming around him amongst our fanbase. It's very frustrating to be heading into another season with a cloud hanging over the manager (albeit nowhere near as bad as last season yet.)

Didn't Banks come off at the same time for Appere. If not then it was within a couple of minutes, no?

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

Didn't Banks come off at the same time for Appere. If not then it was within a couple of minutes, no?

I thought it was about 10 mins between them but it was just under a 5 mins gap between the subs according to the BBC. 

Just now, captainkev said:

I thought it was about 10 mins between them but it was just under a 5 mins gap between the subs according to the BBC. 

Fair enough. Fwiw, I'd have had Banks off before Sporle too - and I did rather despair at Neilson farting about with a change of left back when something more radical was required - but Robson was good and actually improved the team quite significantly. It looked like an unnecessary change but, with hindsight, I think that one worked out okay (notwithstanding the fact that it made f**k all difference in the end).

Guest DAVIDB69

It was a key game tonight okay not massive in terms of the season, but a win would have got us through, but it’s failure in a key game, which has been a key feature of the last few years

Just got home from work, late shift and all, and the one day I don't have my phone on me. Get home, and I find out that the mighty United who have been really really impressive (really) of late got papped by a part-time outfit. Surely not? 🤔

Ach well, it's just a pre-season game, right lads?

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Ive seen enough.  Neilsen needs to go.

3 hours ago, coppola said:

No take many more performances like that to have the "Neilson Out" planes circling Tannadice.

3 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Neilson out Bob Bradley in.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I still want him gone. Useless c**t isnt a maanger. 

No tactics no positivity and no lessons learnt from last year.

Yikes. Too bad your £4k-a-week superstar took the night off. Diddies.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Just got home from work, late shift and all, and the one day I don't have my phone on me. Get home, and I find out that the mighty United who have been really really impressive (really) of late got papped by a part-time outfit. Surely not? 🤔

Ach well, it's just a pre-season game, right lads?

Yikes. Too bad your £4k-a-week superstar took the night off. Diddies.

Might want to use your limited brain power to realise it was a joke?