Dundee United 2019/2020

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I still want him gone. Useless c**t isnt a maanger. 

No tactics no positivity and no lessons learnt from last year.

Wow, your starting to see it, total fanny has ruined teams wherever he's went

I’m waiting for someone to defend Nicky Clark’s inability to play a five yard pass on the fact he was played behind Shankland.

So glad you’re back, words I never thought I’d say. GIRFUY ye wee p***k.

Fundee United - you give so much.

51 minutes ago, The Gifted Sub said:

I love when United fans act the big one over our bonus point victories then they get bent over from fucking East Fife. Never stop making me happy United x

TASC.

No disrespect intended here to East Fife, they absolutely deserved their win tonight, but we were alarmingly bad. We looked like a team who'd skipped pre-season, not one just over a week away from their first league fixture of the season.

The second goal tonight was crazy defending, leaving the kind of gaps you'd only expect if it was the dying minutes and we were chucking the kitchen sink at trying to get level. Our passing was atrocious (except between Reynolds and Watson).

Apart from the 3 subs ( mainly Robson and Appere), no one in our team came away with any real credit.  Clark's substitution was well over due and I'm increasingly sympathising with those who have completely ran out of patience with Stanton. I really don't understand why Neilson gave him the full 90 mins, kept both Harkes and King on the bench and chucked Mochrie into that mess instead.

McMullan's effort is, again, never in question. That said, his inability to send in even one half decent cross tonight is worrying and quickly reminds of the types of performances he put in for so long that had some of us (myself included) so unimpressed to see him get a contract extension last season.

It's too early to write off Sporle just yet, but any confidence he had built up from Friday night is no doubt down the pan after making way for Robson. I didn't think Sporle was significantly worse than anyone else tonight, but you know things have gone drastically wrong when  the introduction of Jamie Robson at left back is welcomed by a United crowd.

A thoroughly dispiriting conclusion to what until now had been an encouraging enough pre-season and group stage performance. Play anywhere close to that level next week and ICT will slaughter us.

Edited by captainkev

23 minutes ago, captainkev said:

No disrespect intended here to East Fife, they absolutely deserved their win tonight, but we were alarmingly bad. We looked like a team who'd skipped pre-season, not one just over a week away from their first league fixture of the season.

The second goal tonight was crazy defending, leaving the kind of gaps you'd only expect if it was the dying minutes and we were chucking the kitchen sink at trying to get level. Our passing was atrocious (except between Reynolds and Watson).

Apart from the 3 subs ( mainly Robson and Appere), no one in our team came away with any real credit.  Clark's substitution was well over due and I'm increasingly sympathising with those who have completely ran out of patience with Stanton. I really don't understand why Neilson gave him the full 90 mins, kept both Harkes and King on the bench and chucked Mochrie into that mess instead.

McMullan's effort is, again, never in question. That said, his inability to send in even one half decent cross tonight is worrying and quickly reminds of the types of performances he put in for so long that had some of us (myself included) so unimpressed to see him get a contract extension last season.

It's too early to write off Sporle just yet, but any confidence he had built up from Friday night is no doubt down the pan after making way for Robson. I didn't think Sporle was significantly worse than anyone else tonight, but you know things have gone drastically wrong when  the introduction of Jamie Robson at left back is welcomed by a United crowd.

A thoroughly dispiriting conclusion to what until now had been an encouraging enough pre-season and group stage performance. Play anywhere close to that level next week and ICT will slaughter us.

The Robson for Sporle change really annoyed me. I actually thought he was going to bring on Robson at left-mid but to bring him on for Sporle I thought was really poor man management and will destroy Sporle's confidence. Was he bad? Not particularly. He wasn't great but nobody was. It also meant that we had made a defensive change AFTER going 2-0 down which hindered our ability to then make attacking changes when we were chasing the game.