Dundee United 2019/2020

On 20/07/2019 at 00:55, NEFarab said:

Can’t blame Bouhenna for moving on because there is not a chance he should get in the team over Butcher.

No chance?  Bouhenna was as good as anyone towards the end of last season - in my eyes probably the most consistent (outfield) performer in the play-off games.

On 20/07/2019 at 04:15, Dele said:

Is Butcher, to United fans, really better than Bouhenna? 

I may be in the minority, but I'm unconvinced.  Butcher is always one tackle away from a red, and he is poor on the ball.  In games that we expect to be pressing forward and dominating possession, especially at home, I would be tempted to start Bouhenna.

5 hours ago, NEFarab said:

Did the club ever announce that Paul Sturrock no longer had a role and I just totally missed it? 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/dundee-united/interview-tony-asghar-denies-untoward-dealings-at-dundee-united-1-4874166

Club legend or not, there’s no room for Luggy. Paul Sturrock, brought in under the previous regime as head of recruitment, is now free to continue enjoying life in his Cornwall retreat. “I think there are still some contractual issues to get sorted,” says Asghar. “Myself and Paul have spoken. But he is no longer working for the club. We have spoken about it. It is a new direction. Paul is a big fan of the club obviously. He is a legend in a number of ways. But he does not work in the recruitment department now.

“He will always be welcome here. One of the conversations was, if ever you need something, just phone. We all have to move forward. This club has to move forward. We need some new photographs on the wall of new people.”

Butcher and Bouhenna both have the ability and consistency (or lack of it) to play at this level and, possibly, no higher.

I can understand Bouhenna wanting to move on if he feels he will not get regular football but we definitely need to bring in cover for a Butcher if that happens.

9 minutes ago, Loemba90 said:

2-2 draw with Bristol City yesterday at St Andrews 

Glass with one of the goals.  Hall played as a trialist beside Frans in central defence.  Booth and Matty Smith never played.

Chalmers with the other goal

Just now, PartyFears2 said:

Heard United want to def make two more signings

Plus maybe a striker on loan

Didnt get any names

Our best players in both our 1st and 3rd season in this league come in on loan near the end of the window so hopefully more of the same.

39 minutes ago, PartyFears2 said:

Heard United want to def make two more signings

Plus maybe a striker on loan

Didnt get any names

Wouldn't be surprised if we tried to sign Safranko again on loan towards the end of the window 

9 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Disagree big time, butcher for me is one of first names on team sheet

We spent 2 and a half seasons getting bullied in midfield in this league. Butcher came in and teams like Inverness stopped walking over the top of us.

Not a coincidence.

1 hour ago, coppola said:

Surely a couple leaving as well if that's the case.

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

Booth, Aird, Loemba and Matty Smith for starters. Depending who we bring in I'd add Frans and Cammy Smith 

I’d b happy to see the back of Sow and Pawlett though I realise that this is unlikely.

18 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

My reading was that second place in five groups could still end on 10, so down to goal difference.

Unless my maths is out two teams cant make 10 points in any other group apart from ours 

Edit Arbroath and Hibs can both make 10 if they win a game and Hibs win the fixture between the two on pens.

Either way a win v East Fife gurantees progress.

Edited by invergowrie arab