Dundee United 2019/2020

20 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Utd closing in on May deal according to today's tele. 

So that's Saints, Dundee, Kilmarnock and United all being reported as being close to signing him over the past two weeks.

47 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

Utd closing in on May deal according to today's tele. 

In talks with Killie and only other offer is Dundee, according to numerous papers. 

Looks like his agent is at it. 

Guest DAVIDB69

Positive to see we are taking the league cup seriously this year and not just using the games as pre season friendlies .

We should get through to the next round as one of the best runner ups

Positive to see we are taking the league cup seriously this year and not just using the games as pre season friendlies .

We should get through to the next round as one of the best runner ups

Jambo's looking far from the finished article, they could still drop points ............

May's no world beater but I think he'd be a handy signing at our level. Not sure where he'd fit in though. Interesting to read a few Aberdeen fans views on him, saying that he works his socks off and creates loads of chances for others. So maybe in the role that Clark played last night?

Anyway, where is Osman Sow? Has he played his last game for us?

My fears are - 

1. We have some raw talent coming through but we cannot rely on them to do the business given their age, decision making and development. Of the youngsters I am convinced that Banks will become a very good player but I worry that Chalmers and Appere are going to show flashes but won't progress beyond being decent young prospectss. I'd love to be proven wrong about Appere and Chalmers but I am unconvinced. I'm now also assuming that Matty Smith has been binned.

2. We are reliant upon two very injury prone players who may well realistically miss two or three chunks of the season (if not more). In Pawlett I think we have a player who could make a good contribution if he is fit and in Sow I think we all differ in our opinions but he should (should) be good enough to offer us something different in this division. We can't predict what might happen with them.

This only leaves us with Clark, McMullan and Shankland as our genuine forwards and creative forces. It isn't enough.

46 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Hopefully we sign him just to wind you c***s up!

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest - I've made my feelings very clear that he'd be an overpaid huddy at Dens (or Tannadice). There's no doubt it'd garner quite a reaction from a lot of our fan base though. 

44 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

May's no world beater but I think he'd be a handy signing at our level. Not sure where he'd fit in though. Interesting to read a few Aberdeen fans views on him, saying that he works his socks off and creates loads of chances for others. So maybe in the role that Clark played last night?

Anyway, where is Osman Sow? Has he played his last game for us?

If you're planning on using May as a workhorse striker who never scores, youd be aswell just chucking the money in the Tay.

Main striker at Saints - 30 goals a season

Secondary striker at Aberdeen - 3 goals a season.

Fans of clubs interested - This is how he played at Aberdeen, let's do that!

If you're planning on using May as a workhorse striker who never scores, youd be aswell just chucking the money in the Tay.
Main striker at Saints - 30 goals a season
Secondary striker at Aberdeen - 3 goals a season.
Fans of clubs interested - This is how he played at Aberdeen, let's do that!
I'm not planning to use May in anyway tbh, that's the managers job. However, no of course I didn't mean for him to just create. I honestly reckon he'd get his mojo back with any club playing in the Championship and pile in with a dozen goals or so. Just a hunch.

The more I think about him in beside or behind Shankland, the more I think it would work out.

Hopefully Killie or St Johstone just take him.

I don’t want to sign him because he’ll be expensive and probably shite.

I don’t want Dundee to sign him incase he stops being shite. Someone out with this league just sign him pronto please.

1 hour ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Hopefully we sign him just to wind you c***s up!

Half of us would be absolutely delighted at that, so feel free.

He hasnt been any good for 6 years, and scores less goals than Moussa, I really don't think he is worth the wage.