Dundee United 2019/2020

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Poor trolling from a moron, a racist and a homophobe.

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

So 1 goal in a loss against the mighty Dumbarton and a sore puss after booting the ball off of his inarguably large forehead...

Worth the 4k per week?

Oh, and a coward.

Result today wasn’t the most important thing obviously, but there were a few things which should be instructive.
Some of the defending today was appalling, all 3 goals were weak and I think we should be replacing Frans or Watson with someone who could challenge Connelly and Reynolds more, probably Frans as he can’t cover right back.
Robson is decent getting forward but defensively so poor, he should be left sided midfield cover only.
Some very sloppy passing in midfield as well, Harkes and Cammy Smith weren’t great.
Of the young boys playing today, only Appere and potentially Chalmers look like they could be options from the bench, was really disappointed in Glass and Mochrie.
Mehmet was good though and shankland looks the type of player who can get goals even if he isn’t playing well.
Of the trialists, Ganet looks the better player, but neither were overly impressive.
Still think we are only one or two away from a league winning team, but there is a lot of fat that needs trimmed from the squad as well.

2 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

Result today wasn’t the most important thing obviously, but there were a few things which should be instructive.
Some of the defending today was appalling, all 3 goals were weak and I think we should be replacing Frans or Watson with someone who could challenge Connelly and Reynolds more, probably Frans as he can’t cover right back.
Robson is decent getting forward but defensively so poor, he should be left sided midfield cover only.
Some very sloppy passing in midfield as well, Harkes and Cammy Smith weren’t great.
Of the young boys playing today, only Appere and potentially Chalmers look like they could be options from the bench, was really disappointed in Glass and Mochrie.
Mehmet was good though and shankland looks the type of player who can get goals even if he isn’t playing well.
Of the trialists, Ganet looks the better player, but neither were overly impressive.
Still think we are only one or two away from a league winning team, but there is a lot of fat that needs trimmed from the squad as well.

Based on texts from my younger son my impression was that defence was the poorest part of our game.  Fortunately our first choice defence will be completely different, though it would be nice to have stronger backup.

Based on texts from my younger son my impression was that defence was the poorest part of our game.  Fortunately our first choice defence will be completely different, though it would be nice to have stronger backup.

Yeh, but it was a cock up from Reynolds which led to the third, although I’m not saying that’s indicative of his ability as a whole.
Was impressed with Sporle from what I saw of him though and by all accounts Smith was excellent last night.

Still think we need to move on Frans, Rabitsch, Loemba and Aird. (Would still rather play Bouhenna at centre back before Frans.)

Wouldn’t sign either of the trialists as they don’t seem any better than what we already have. 

Ideally still need a winger and a creative midfielder but worth baring in mind we do still have key players who aren’t fit enough to play yet. 

Still think we need to move on Frans, Rabitsch, Loemba and Aird. (Would still rather play Bouhenna at centre back before Frans.)
Wouldn’t sign either of the trialists as they don’t seem any better than what we already have. 
Ideally still need a winger and a creative midfielder but worth baring in mind we do still have key players who aren’t fit enough to play yet. 

Totally forgot about Bouhenna, was thinking more of him as a midfielder now. I suppose with him, the cover is actually ok.