Dundee United 2019/2020

5 hours ago, captainkev said:

It's telling of how miserable the past four years have been from a United perspective that this potential signing news only inspires dread over we'll manage to screw things up from here.

On paper this should/could be a superb signing, albeit likely a very expensive one (particularly for the Championship). I've not bothered posting about the rumours linking us with him the past week or so because, honestly, I really never expected it to amount to anything.

There's no escaping the fact that if Shankland signs then the pressure is on us to get promoted outright is enormous.

Spot on. 

I really want to shrug off the negativity of last season when our best player was shunted out wide to accommodate an unfit Neilson signing, but it still gives me the fear.

Neither do I want to read too much into our first friendly of the season but it looked like a case of picking up where we had left off in the first half against East Fife.

Shankland has the potential to be a great signing at this level and credit must go to the new owner for the backing he is giving the club.  I only hope we are going to play a formation that allows him to replicate last season’s goal tally.

A huge deal for the club, but as one or two others have pointed out, this is United and we don't do things the easy way (and seem to have a  habit of turning good players into average ones). For the financial commitment at a transfer like this there is huge pressure on both the player and the club to deliver. If we get out of the league it will all be worth it...

Shankland never looked that good in games against ICT last season but there's no doubt this is a superb signing for United. His scoring record speaks for itself and I'm fully expecting him to get 52 goals in the opening game between our sides.

Surprising seeing some decent comments from Ayr fans although one or two like I expected from the roaster on twitter.

Whether they like it or not this will be a good move. Loads of money, far bigger club. Only a matter of time until we are back challenging in top six and he can be the main man.

7 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Classing a striker who played for Ayr (Ayr ffs) as an “unbelievable signing” really shows how far Utd have fallen.

This coming from a fan of a club who ran up debts of £9 million to get where they are, then got the banks to write off their debt !!!!!!  

Killie seem to think they are some kind of Billy Bigbaws outfit, when in reality they are just a diddy club.

39 minutes ago, RiG said:

Shankland never looked that good in games against ICT last season but there's no doubt this is a superb signing for United. His scoring record speaks for itself and I'm fully expecting him to get 52 goals in the opening game between our sides.

Aye he always looked pretty cumbersome.  Although he was up against Donaldson and  McCart.

13 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Only a matter of time until we are back challenging in top six and he can be the main man.

I wouldn't underestimate the squad you've got. You've managed at least the play offs each year you've been here already. You'd certainly expect the same this season. 

Even before you signed @Im_Rodger

Classing a striker who played for Ayr (Ayr ffs) as an “unbelievable signing” really shows how far Utd have fallen.
Killie couldn't afford Shankland [emoji6]

4 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Hahahahahahahaha all these fans coming on here saying he’s a championship player, weesht you’d be creaming your pants if yous could afford him

How many do you think he will score next season? 

49 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Surprising seeing some decent comments from Ayr fans although one or two like I expected from the roaster on twitter.

Whether they like it or not this will be a good move. Loads of money, far bigger club. Only a matter of time until we are back challenging in top six and he can be the main man.

Surely Top 6 is aiming too low - don't you think you should be challenging for promotion now Shankland is on board?

12 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Hahahahahahahaha all these fans coming on here saying he’s a championship player, weesht you’d be creaming your pants if yous could afford him

I certainly wouldn't be " creaming " my pants. Has never scored in the Premiership and most of his goals have come in League 1 or the Championship predominantly for 1 team- Ayr. So aye, he is currently Championship level. 

I certainly wouldn't be " creaming " my pants. Has never scored in the Premiership and most of his goals have come in League 1 or the Championship predominantly for 1 team- Ayr. So aye, he is currently Championship level. 

Lucky we’re in championship then aye hahahahahaha :s

6 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I'll go 26 goal in all comps Clark to get 15 plus and sow honestly no idea either gonna be good or dog

Sorry, I should have stipulated - league only. 

4 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

:$

Amazing, iy? I thought folk stopped using MSN about 10 years ago.