Dundee United 2019/2020

3 minutes ago, dundeeunited83 said:

I’d agree about being happy with squad however we need a left winger massively and a number 10 apart from that delighted with squad, league won by Xmas thank u emoji631.png

Well hopefully we don't need a No.10 as we'll have Sow or Clark playing alongside Shankland, but then maybe not.

Pawlett, Cammy Smith, Clark, McMullan and Stanton all able to play as a 10 in varying degrees, so doubt we'll be signing in that position.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Well hopefully we don't need a No.10 as we'll have Sow or Clark playing alongside Shankland, but then maybe not.

Pawlett, Cammy Smith, Clark, McMullan and Stanton all able to play as a 10 in varying degrees, so doubt we'll be signing in that position.

Cammy Smith was excellent when the Maureens won the league.

I'd be interested to see how he plays behind Shankland.

6 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

ayrmad found.

Would never lower myself to join twatter never mind put that shite up, the boy was a joy to watch.

I'm a Sunderland fan and wanted him to go there, a large part of me thinks he's dodged a bullet as they're still looking like a basket case and they certainly weren't playing football suitable to his style last season.

ftr, I think he'll be a number 10 rather than a number 9.

Edited by ayrmad

9 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

IMG_6125.jpgThis alone Is worth the 35K a week we’re paying him.

Totally embarrassing, if you are an Ayr fan , please start supporting some other team , you are a disgrace and totally lack respect , guy done nothing but good for us and with all due respect has gone to a bigger club , who can provide much more to him and his family than we could ever hope to contribute 

IMG_6125.thumb.jpg.2690d8605e98f80af8a204fdea068527.jpgThis alone Is worth the 35K a week we’re paying him.

Jesus wept, some of our fans are roasters. I almost had a stroke trying to decipher what he ‘typed’.

I’m disappointed, but money talks at the end of the day and football is a very short career. Get the best out of him and this is a brilliant bit of business, but if he starts to struggle and the head goes he could be an expensive flop. It’ll be one of two extremes.

I’ll get my bit in before the Dundee fans try and tell you how shite he is and that some guy called Nelson is better.

This is an outstanding piece of business imo. You’ve signed the 2nd best player in the league from last year (I’ll give Dobbie his dues). I’m not really sure what else I can add considering you’ve all seen first hand what he can do.

If Neilson uses him correctly (big if) then he’ll do well but if he mucks about and tries playing Sow alongside him then I’m not sure what could happen.

You make a good point re Neilson. Simply has to change his tactics or Lawrence Shankland will end up as a huge fucking skittery fart of a signing.

Play to the boys strengths ffs.

You've signed a fantastic player. Will be a Scotland internationalist one day. Good luck to him I wish him well. Was a pleasure watching him in an Ayr shirt. [emoji22]

It's telling of how miserable the past four years have been from a United perspective that this potential signing news only inspires dread over we'll manage to screw things up from here.

On paper this should/could be a superb signing, albeit likely a very expensive one (particularly for the Championship). I've not bothered posting about the rumours linking us with him the past week or so because, honestly, I really never expected it to amount to anything.

There's no escaping the fact that if Shankland signs then the pressure on us to get promoted outright is enormous.

Edited by captainkev

1 hour ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Fucking brilliant unbelievable signing

Classing a striker who played for Ayr (Ayr ffs) as an “unbelievable signing” really shows how far Utd have fallen.