Dundee United 2019/2020

To be fair to United they will be asked at every opportunity right now about Gauld given his links to us. It just attempts to draw a line under it after one interview with McCulloch (stating the obvious) that we, and others, would of course be interested in a player of his quality if it became possible.

I’ll get my bit in before the Dundee fans try and tell you how shite he is and that some guy called Nelson is better.

This is an outstanding piece of business imo. You’ve signed the 2nd best player in the league from last year (I’ll give Dobbie his dues). I’m not really sure what else I can add considering you’ve all seen first hand what he can do.

If Neilson uses him correctly (big if) then he’ll do well but if he mucks about and tries playing Sow alongside him then I’m not sure what could happen.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll get my bit in before the Dundee fans try and tell you how shite he is and that some guy called Nelson is better.

This is an outstanding piece of business imo. You’ve signed the 2nd best player in the league from last year (I’ll give Dobbie his dues). I’m not really sure what else I can add considering you’ve all seen first hand what he can do.

If Neilson uses him correctly (big if) then he’ll do well but if he mucks about and tries playing Sow alongside him then I’m not sure what could happen.

That's exactly what's gonna happen though. We'll sign him and not play him to the best of his abilities. 

Edited by ArabianKnight

That's exactly what's gonna happen though. We'll sign him and not play him to the best of his abilities. 

Tbf I’m not one for obsessing over former players when they leave. A lot of Ayr fans still treat Nicky Devlin like a legend even know he’s only half the player that Smith was but I’d really like Shankland to go on and do well. If he plays to his potential then you won’t get the full 3 years out him.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on without Moffat beside him Moff made the majority of his chances over the last 2 seasons and I don't know if you guys have player like him they had a fantastic partnership, good luck to the guy nothing but praise for all did for us cracking player and a really nice guy.