Dundee United 2019/2020

3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:

I'm not convinced that giving the guy an ultimatum a full two months before the window closes is the best negotiating strategy, tbf. There will come a point at which it will be counterproductive to wait any longer on a decision but I doubt we're anywhere near that point yet.

I sympathise with that view, but the league campaign starts in less than five weeks.  It would be beneficial to have our players in place and a few games/ training sessions together before then.

I’m not too fussed about the league cup, but we need make a good start to the league season.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I sympathise with that view, but the league campaign starts in less than five weeks.  It would be beneficial to have our players in place and a few games/ training sessions together before then.

I’m not too fussed about the league cup, but we need make a good start to the league season.

Nobody is deseprate to sign for us anymore. We arent in a position to throw down ultimatums unless Plan B is at Tannadice pen in hand.

51 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Nobody is deseprate to sign for us anymore. We arent in a position to throw down ultimatums unless Plan B is at Tannadice pen in hand.

I’m not sure which part of my post you disagree with and/or that relates to.

I assume there are many professional footballers out there willing to play at a club who can offer them a good deal.

Then again I am not ITK on these things, maybe you are.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m not sure which part of my post you disagree with and/or that relates to.

I assume there are many professional footballers out there willing to play at a club who can offer them a good deal.

Then again I am not ITK on these things, maybe you are.

I assumed that you were in favour of handing down ultimatums so i made a counterpoint that thats unlikely to be productive.

It hadnt occurred you were merely  suggesting its better to get signings in earlier than not as its such a painfully obvious truism i didnt think anyone would take the time to type it.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

This is what the inaction on signings and strips has brought us to. The elite members of our fanbase at each others throats.

THE f**k YOU SAYING YA RADGE. 

Ah wait I'm not elite, carry on. 

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

This is what the inaction on signings and strips has brought us to. The elite members of our fanbase at each others throats.

You only count as an elite if you’ve made a fan group on Facebook I heard.

Having Gauld at this level would be ridiculous considering how good he was a few years ago. Lost his way a wee bit but he’s still more than capable of playing in the Premiership every week.

He’d probably be a better option to play behind Shankland as well rather than sticking Sow up top with him.