Dundee United 2019/2020

7 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Agreed. I was lucky enough to be at Fir Park that day.

The best United performance I've ever witnessed in the flesh, and I'm no youngster!

Shame it couldn't last.

Aye, I was there too; it was a masterclass.  Motherwell had won five on the bounce going into that game but I remember Stuart McCall making no excuses and saying it was the best performance he had seen by an away team at Fir Park since he had become manager.

30 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

I guess from this that Kieran Freeman will be getting offered a new deal.

Would still expect at least Adam King and Cammy Smith to be allowed to leave.

Why did you have to mention Adam King?  I had forgotten that he existed.

Thank Christ we will never see Sow getting shoehorned into a United team again; if only we could say the same for a player whose initials are PP.

21 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Far from impressed at Watson being allowed to move on. Better than both Reynolds and Connolly

We certainly need two new, decent CHs for next season.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Far from impressed at Watson being allowed to move on. Better than both Reynolds and Connolly

Agree he's better, but being out of contract, and given the current financial uncertainties, Watson is the one who has to look for another club. Surprised at Josh Donaldson going but again, he's also out of contract. 

In other news, it looks like we're not gonna have a Dundee derby for another wee while. With Hearts almost certainly getting relegated now the Dee will have no chance of winning the league next season.

1 hour ago, ArabFC said:

In other news, it looks like we're not gonna have a Dundee derby for another wee while. With Hearts almost certainly getting relegated now the Dee will have no chance of winning the league next season.

The thought of no derbies makes me six two the stomach.

On another note, when will @Div set GTF day?  I’ve got a 200 page dossier of evidence that shows malfeasance if it’s not done by next weekend.

A fair bit of chat on Twitter about this yesterday. Zwick, in my opinion, was badly managed more than anything. He was chucked in against Aberdeen at home on the opening day of the season, with Durnan and Donaldson ahead of him. We then persisted with him. Our goalkeepers were unbelievably inexperienced at the time. If he had been a backup for a couple of seasons he may well have developed into a reasonable goalkeeper but his signing, and then lack of development (whilst also being thrown into first team action) summed up McNamara as a manager.

46 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Have to admit even as an Arab who was obliged to suffer McNamara’s incompetence that made me laugh.  

If I was a fan of another club I’d be absolutely pissing myself at this.

McNamara should have been binned at the end of the 2014/15 season based on our second half season results.  He wasn’t and we paid the price.

Who knows how he would have been when managed by a competent management team. I wish no Ill will towards Zwick, he was rubbish but he was signed and played and that's not his fault (it's his dads for sending a video to McNamara!).

But, as Granny says, McNamara should have been punted the end of the 2014/15 season as we were fucking pish and that's where the downward cycle started.

Going with two young keepers with hardly a top team professional game between had the alarm bells ringing at full volume across Tayside. To have those keepers being defended by Donaldson and Durnan had the rest of Scotland rightly pishing themselves.

Edited by mishtergrolsch

40 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

McNamara should have been sacked following the 2014 Cup Final, and never given the chance to manage the club in 2014-15.

But the downside is Stephen Thompson would have been picking the next manager, who might have been as bad.

He should've been sacked after the defeat to St Johnstone near Christmas 2013 https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25482658

It was blindingly obvious he didn't have a clue what he was doing.