Null and void should simply be declared to put an end to the farce that season 19/20 has now become.

Edited by CaspianChris

13 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

What do you mean by "soft loan"? It's a term that gets bandied about with various implied meanings. To be clear, the Ogrens will have made substantial loans to the Company with every right to demand repayment along with all other ordinary creditors. Anybody else coming in will sit alongside them in the event of an insolvent liquidation. That's perfectly fair and normal. What DUSF were asking for in requesting a security is the right to rank ahead of them. You'd have to be mental or desperate to agree to that. Clearly the Ogrens are neither.

Your bit in bold is simply wrong.

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of the relationship between Ogren and DUFC but would guess that any loans that the Ogren family have made to DUFC would be "soft loans" - in the sense that they are relatively informal, low interest rates, unsecured etc.  

In my experience, any lender giving a second loan in these circumstances (especially where the first loan is from the owner) is going to insist that they rank ahead of the original loan - no lender is going to be comfortable pouring money into a company that is desperate if they are not going to get paid first if things go belly-up.  I was merely opining that such a standpoint is not cheeky - it is sensible.

I hope that you're correct and that the Ogrens are not desperate.

16 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of the relationship between Ogren and DUFC but would guess that any loans that the Ogren family have made to DUFC would be "soft loans" - in the sense that they are relatively informal, low interest rates, unsecured etc.  

In my experience, any lender giving a second loan in these circumstances (especially where the first loan is from the owner) is going to insist that they rank ahead of the original loan - no lender is going to be comfortable pouring money into a company that is desperate if they are not going to get paid first if things go belly-up.  I was merely opining that such a standpoint is not cheeky - it is sensible.

I hope that you're correct and that the Ogrens are not desperate.

That might make some sense if this was a purely commercial transaction, it’s not.  It’s a way for a supporters’ organisation to funnel funds into a club using money raised from supporters of that club.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

That might make some sense if this was a purely commercial transaction, it’s not.  It’s a way for a supporters’ organisation to funnel funds into a club using money raised from supporters of that club.

You're absolutely right; and the fact that my experience is limited to purely commercial transactions means that I may well be completely wrong on this.  My main point remains - let's hope that our finances are not as bad as they sound from that statement... 

Won the league, still not guaranteed promotion.

Neilson must go.

Edit: scratch that, promotion now confirmed. Neilson must stay.

Edited by Mark Connolly

What an underwhelming end to the season. It's marginally better than not going up but what an anti-climax. Five seasons I've watched  United in the second tier and still haven't seen us win that league. Ho hum.

1 minute ago, Pull My Strings said:

What an underwhelming end to the season. It's marginally better than not going up but what an anti-climax. Five seasons I've watched  United in the second tier and still haven't seen us win that league. Ho hum.

We've sent Thistle into oblivion at least twice though.

33 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Won the league, still not guaranteed promotion.

Neilson must go.

A fair bit of chatter about promotion not confirmed/guaranteed etc.

Am I just being naive, but in the initial resolution, which has just been voted through, does it not confirm that the champions will be prompted?

Surely if the evil genius Nelms had negotiated any material changes to this, in order for the SPFL to covet his eyes vire, to vote this would require to be put back to a fresh vote?

18 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Whens the title party?

It’s happening know at my gaff.  

I knew I shouldn’t have got Nelms to e-mail out the invites.

IMG_5222.jpg.feda7716b6bd37e9493630ea1a472507.jpg

Corona too...SACK HIM!

Classless from Neilson and Ashgar - Thousands of people dying and they 'need' to meet to have a drink in the street.

Plenty of the Arab players giving it large and undoubtedly gonna have a drink:

But that's too far.

looks like he's drinking a urine sample
He's drinking Corona, which is more or less the same thing