Dundee United 2019/2020

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

When is later though?

Players contracts will expire and loan players will go back to parent clubs. I can see this being used as an opportunity for a league reshuffle.

Top 4 teams up, no relegation from Prem, 16 teams next season is what I say.

It would be an absolute shambles and grossly unfair if you guys don’t get promoted if the season ends now. Speaking as a Thistle fan it might work in our favour we’ll wait and see, but with more than 3/4 of the season completed and Utd so far in front I can’t see how the SPFL could deny you promotion.
It’s a complex issue which is going to cause unbelievable scenes whichever way it pans out.

Whilst true, I don’t know how they decide who comes down?

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

What about the season after that?  If clubs in Scotland wanted a permanent 16 team top league it would have happened years ago.   

Bottom five go down automatically, 11th into a play-off against second in the Championship. Thunderdome.

If I’m being honest, the cancellation of the season seems the most likely option.

You can’t just stop time, and as people have said players contracts and the less cut and dry positions of other clubs come in to play.

It’s just one of those things that happens in life, people’s health(including that of the coaching and playing staff and their families) is far more important.

What I’m more concerned about-as fans of other clubs on here should be- is the loss in revenue that will occur, some very difficult times ahead for Scottish football.

I’m in a fortunate position where my job (god willing) should be relatively secure, and can spare some cash. I’m going to cancel my monthly arabzone subscription and pay for a yearly one up front, and try and spend equivalent of a match ticket on stuff that’s produced by the club shop for the time being- either that or just donate. This isn’t something that’s going to just go away- we might be feeling the ramifications of this for decades.

I for one blame Stumigoo- all of this escalated as soon as the blogs stopped.

If I’m being honest, the cancellation of the season seems the most likely option.

You can’t just stop time, and as people have said players contracts and the less cut and dry positions of other clubs come in to play.

It’s just one of those things that happens in life, people’s health(including that of the coaching and playing staff and their families) is far more important.

What I’m more concerned about-as fans of other clubs on here should be- is the loss in revenue that will occur, some very difficult times ahead for Scottish football.

I’m in a fortunate position where my job (god willing) should be relatively secure, and can spare some cash. I’m going to cancel my monthly arabzone subscription and pay for a yearly one up front, and try and spend equivalent of a match ticket on stuff that’s produced by the club shop for the time being- either that or just donate. This isn’t something that’s going to just go away- we might be feeling the ramifications of this for decades.

I for one blame Stumigoo- all of this escalated as soon as the blogs stopped.

I will shoulder this burden.

Personally I think it would be a good opportunity for a trial run at some kind of league reconstruction, I think the Germans are looking at a similar plan, with no relegation but promotion for a set number of teams, allowing for expanded leagues next season.

Expand the top league to maybe 16, 12 in Championship, 10 in League One and then 10 in League Two (allowing for promotion through the pyramid system). I did that quickly so the numbers might not add up.

It won’t happen, and some might think it’s a crazy idea, but that would by my preference.

Its null and void 

Its null and void 

Its null and void

Time to come to terms with no league completion, no title and no promotion. 

Football is of least concern in a situation like this. 

Time for a digital football fix with FM20 + FIFA 20.

Plenty to be getting on with both on particular FM while the season is suspended.

Trophies to be won with Liverpool, Trabzonspor, Benfica and The Rangers.

• 2 weeks later...