Dundee United 2019/2020

13 hours ago, MacArab said:

Am seeing on BBC that there is talk of live streaming (for ST holders) of closed doors games being floated as an idea to allow games to be played and the season concluded.

Assume Arabzonne could do this under the circumstances.

Think this was for the English Football League but assume this may apply up here too.

Guess a real issue is on loss of match day revenue such as hospitality and other ticket sales.

PSG fans may have fucked that possibility - more than 20,000 outside the stadium which more or less nullifies any benefit of having no fans inside the stadium, indeed may actually create more issues in terms of crowd control etc.  I know we wouldn't see anything like those numbers up here (we wish) but the point stands.

I'm sorry (well, not really) but there is a strong possibility this season will be null and void.  

Edit - I suppose they could play games in remote areas uninhabited by mankind but is Perth really far enough away to deter Dees/Arabs? 

Edited by hk blues

The reaction when the Scottish Championship is declared null a d void as well as the other leagues will be interesting.  

Public health and safety is of far more importance than a game or any other sport and no risks should be taken with this virus.

A new strain which no one knows how lethal it will get.

PSG fans may have fucked that possibility - more than 20,000 outside the stadium which more or less nullifies any benefit of having no fans inside the stadium, indeed may actually create more issues in terms of crowd control etc.  I know we wouldn't see anything like those numbers up here (we wish) but the point stands.
I'm sorry (well, not really) but there is a strong possibility this season will be null and void.  
Edit - I suppose they could play games in remote areas uninhabited by mankind but is Perth really far enough away to deter Dees/Arabs? 

Games will be played in the summer months, behind closed doors or standings will be as they are. The desperation to see United not go up is plain to see.

35 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Games will be played in the summer months, behind closed doors or standings will be as they are. The desperation to see United not go up is plain to see.

You sound like you have the inside track on things.

I'm not desperate to see Utd stay down (well, maybe  a little) but will laugh my baws off if they do - just as you would if the boot was on the other foot.  

2 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

The reaction when the Scottish Championship is declared null a d void as well as the other leagues will be interesting.  

Public health and safety is of far more importance than a game or any other sport and no risks should be taken with this virus.

A new strain which no one knows how lethal it will get.

Well said, people bleating over football, holidays, gigs and the “boredom of self isolation” is crazy.

As to the question of how the authorities treat the season vis-a-vis promotion, etc. someone is bound to be unhappy.

2 hours ago, stewartyftd1 said:

Games will be played in the summer months, behind closed doors or standings will be as they are.

Good luck with that. I don't think either is likely. After 31st May we'll have 3 or 4 players contracted. We'll also have no money left given we'll have to pay players for the rest of the season with no income. I think contracting players for an extra month or two is unlikely, even if they were disposed to agree to it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Good luck with that. I don't think either is likely. After 31st May we'll have 3 or 4 players contracted. We'll also have no money left given we'll have to pay players for the rest of the season with no income. I think contracting players for an extra month or two is unlikely, even if they were disposed to agree to it.

Standings as they are then aye?