Dundee United 2019/2020

Neilson must be the luckiest manager in world football. Hopefully our American overlords see through this anti football thats on display, lead extended or not. Had any other team put any pressure on us, we would have folded like a cheap deckchair

Can only hope some daft mob down south sees how far clear we are and offers him stupid money without interviewing him.
If Shankland doesn’t want the f**k out of here in the summer then he truly has no ambition.
Hopefully Ashgar actually has a brain in his nut and gives Ogden proper feedback on how pish we’ve been.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Absolute nap we win it with ICT or Ayr drawing some Tuesday night game so that this grim chapter doesn't even close with an opportunity for a pint and a laugh. 

TBF... After the last 4 years, i’d bite your hand off for that right now!!!

Dundee United head coach Robbie Neilson: "We struggled a wee bit to get going but the objective is to get promoted and we've gained another point with eight games to go.

"When you come to the start of the season and pitches are great you can pop it about and the boys are fresh. Right now, it's just that final moment."

Fucking hell. A point at home to the bottom team in the league with some beyond Laszlo type stuff chucked in and hes blaming the pitch and tired players? Good ane. 

This season has almost felt worse than the last three, where we had the excitement and expectation of, as a long shot, getting promoted via play-offs. In those scenarios, fans hardly thought of what the top league may have held for United.

Neilson being in charge makes the prospect of promotion depressing.

29 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Glass didn't look tired. Pawlett did.

Pawlett looked tired after jogging onto the pitch at ten to three. Glass got 12 minutes to come into a shitefest of a game and was poor but no worse than Bingham, Pawlett and McMullan who are rubbish. 

On 24/09/2019 at 23:28, ArabFC said:

I don't want Neilson sacked - I think he'll probably get us promoted - but yes, I'm greedy, I also want to enjoy watching my team.

Six months on I feel the same. We'll get promoted. We might even compete for a top six finish next year, but I simply can't enjoy Neilson's eye-bleeding brand of fitba.

He obviously won't be sacked, nor should he really, but I wouldn't be upset if he was.

Would it kill team morale for him to come out and he say we were really poor, barely created anything and could have been 2-0 down in half hour?

Fair enough he can't say Bingham has a first touch like a goal kick, Pawlett is 2 stone overweight and Harkes looks like he has won a raffle to have a day as a footballer but he could meet us half way 

This season has almost felt worse than the last three, where we had the excitement and expectation of, as a long shot, getting promoted via play-offs. In those scenarios, fans hardly thought of what the top league may have held for United.

Neilson being in charge makes the prospect of promotion depressing.

I’m as pissed off at the team and Neilson as anyone at the moment, but in no universe whatsoever has this season been as bad as the last 3.
Under the past two diddies there were times I thought we were never getting out of this shit pit of a league and on our way to becoming a tinpot outfit like Morton or somesuch.

Neilson’s team choice, formation and tactics would be acceptable if there were no alternatives.  But there are.

We were a far better team in the first half of the season when that useless c**t Pawlett was not available.

42 minutes ago, dregs 83 said:

I’m as pissed off at the team and Neilson as anyone at the moment, but in no universe whatsoever has this season been as bad as the last 3.
Under the past two diddies there were times I thought we were never getting out of this shit pit of a league and on our way to becoming a tinpot outfit like Morton or somesuch.

Just the past two diddies?

I, for one, will look back at these halcyon days with a tear in the eye. This season surpasses the 2010 cup win and must match the famous European runs of the 80s.

Nope. Cant even be sarcastic. Its fucking shite and going to Tannadice this season has been just as bad (worse at times) as anything we've had since relegation. I've never taken to Neilson at any point and staggering like a drunk fud over the finish line wont make me fist pump the air like a shite manager getting St Mirren to penalties.