Dundee United 2019/2020

8 minutes ago, Dele said:

It was back page of the tele. He gave an interview where he admitted he was using somebody else's WiFi where he was living, the bloke found out who it was and that he played for United and told him to GTF. 

"Man uses neighbour's wifi". What a scoop.

I want us to wrap up the league as quickly as possible, then the club can start planning the campaign for next season.

At one stage it looked like both our nearest challengers would drop points tonight but sadly not.

Edited by Granny Danger

3 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

If ICT continue their points per game, they’ll finish on 58/59. Dundee & Ayr around 54..
We have 57 right now.

This. Even if we to collapse on a scale never seen before, the teams behind us are too shite to take advantage!

5 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

If ICT continue their points per game, they’ll finish on 58/59. Dundee & Ayr around 54..

We have 57 right now.

2 hours ago, ArabFC said:

This. Even if we to collapse on a scale never seen before, the teams behind us are too shite to take advantage!

I hope it works out that we win the league at a home game.  I can imagine the chaos if the chance to wrap it up is, for example, a Friday night in Arbroath.

13 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Do wonder if Robbie will give the likes of Mochrie a start in the next few games.

I'm more perplexed as to why Declan Glass is getting so little game time - we released Sam Stanton, brought Glass back from his (very successful) loan... then brought in Dillon Powers and changed our formation to incorporate two sitting midfielders.  Quite baffling.

12 hours ago, PartyFears2 said:

If ICT continue their points per game, they’ll finish on 58/59. Dundee & Ayr around 54.

Looking at the past few years' of Championship football (tables here, if you're into that kind of thing...), it is unlikely that the teams will have so few points - so at least one of those clubs is due a good run soon...  

10 hours ago, dundeeunited83 said:

Once the league is done yes

There is little point in giving youngsters experience in games that are glorified friendlies - if Neilson wants to see what the players are made of then he needs to give them game-time in the next month or so - if he doesn't have the faith to blood them now then I doubt they'll be kept on beyond the end of the season (especially if we do get promoted).

17 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

Looking at the past few years' of Championship football (tables here, if you're into that kind of thing...), it is unlikely that the teams will have so few points - so at least one of those clubs is due a good run soon...  

This season looks pretty similar to the 11/12 one. Ross County finished on 79, miles ahead of everyone else, with little between the rest of the teams. Dundee were second on 55, Falkirk behind them with 52.

53 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

There is little point in giving youngsters experience in games that are glorified friendlies

I don't see them as necessarily being glorified friendlies.  Even if we have wrapped up the league most of the teams we will be playing against will be trying to get a top four spot or to avoid relegation/play-off place so they will be playing just as hard.

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

I'm more perplexed as to why Declan Glass is getting so little game time - we released Sam Stanton, brought Glass back from his (very successful) loan... then brought in Dillon Powers and changed our formation to incorporate two sitting midfielders.  Quite baffling.

Total agreement with this: I often wonder what goes on inside a manager's head, in this case Robbie Neilson.