Dundee United 2019/2020

17 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

9 out of 9 or Rab OOT...... 

Don’t know about that, but if we are serious about winning this league we would need to be hoping for 7 points from these first three games.  

I’m not suggesting that will be easy or likely.

If its Scott Burns writing it, I'd believe it. Not heard him get one wrong about United yet. Been first to a good few signings for us.

Scott Burns sold his soul when he moved to the Daily Record, and his “hit rate” has plummeted. When he was with the Express he was usually on the money, but clearly the Record will print any old shite and he’s no exception.

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Scott Burns sold his soul when he moved to the Daily Record, and his “hit rate” has plummeted. When he was with the Express he was usually on the money, but clearly the Record will print any old shite and he’s no exception.

Bit late to the party. United confirmed the signing a week ago.

The weirdest footballing terms from around the world - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/68c9c99d-c9d8-4857-96dd-b10336e2118e.

"Dundee United is synonymous with “idiot” in parts of Nigeria where Yoruba is spoken. I wasn’t able to establish with 100% accuracy where this had come from, but it seems to have come from a tour of Nigeria that Dundee United went on in 1972, when they prepared really badly, the weather was really hot, the players got sick, there were injuries and the pitches were no good. Because they complained about it so much, this culminated in the Dundee United name being taken in vain.

I couldn’t believe that when I came across it. It was written on a website and I spoke to people in Nigeria who confirmed it anecdotally."

1 minute ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The weirdest footballing terms from around the world - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/68c9c99d-c9d8-4857-96dd-b10336e2118e.

"Dundee United is synonymous with “idiot” in parts of Nigeria where Yoruba is spoken. I wasn’t able to establish with 100% accuracy where this had come from, but it seems to have come from a tour of Nigeria that Dundee United went on in 1972, when they prepared really badly, the weather was really hot, the players got sick, there were injuries and the pitches were no good. Because they complained about it so much, this culminated in the Dundee United name being taken in vain.

I couldn’t believe that when I came across it. It was written on a website and I spoke to people in Nigeria who confirmed it anecdotally."

Saw this as well ..couldn't make it up 😂

Pre season starts on Monday, not sounding like we’ll have any more new signings by then.  Wonder if we’ll have some trialists in training next week.  How many more signings are we likely to make?  Definitely a striker and a keeper, also need a centre mid and a winger.  Any advance on 4?

First game a week today away to East Fife.

I think it is likely that Siegrist will start the season as number one so it might that either Josh Donaldson steps on to the bench or we get another cheap loan in for the season as cover. We will probably see one or two of the youngsters step into contention, potentially Scott Banks who received rave reviews whilst at Clyde (he can play anywhere behind the striker).

A striker, a midfielder and a winger will do me. Hopefully by the 12th of July (Hearts) we have one or two more and then by Inverness (3rd August) we are good to go in terms of signings. Not a fan of still looking at the end of August but if we get off to a good start then we might have to wait for the final additions. We did bring in Safranko later on in the window last year (and signed tonnes of shite right at the start of June, Curran being the very first on the opening day of the window).