Dundee United 2019/2020

38 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

That Tunisian winger on the verge of signing apparently. 

Is he fast?  Is he direct?  Can he put in a good cross?

More importantly is he familiar with the geography of North/North East Scotland?

8 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is he fast?  Is he direct?  Can he put in a good cross?

More importantly is he familiar with the geography of North/North East Scotland?

Folk are creaming themselves over his YouTube highlights reel which is never a good sign. 

I didn't even know he was in on trial tbh. 

3 hours ago, Lancashirearab said:

A bit harsh. Geographically, Dundee just sneaks into what is referred to as North-East Scotland.  Dingwall belongs to Northern Scotland

Just checked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_East_Scotland_(Scottish_Parliament_electoral_region) - you live and learn.  I just tend to think of the north-east as being the bit that most northy and easty.  I'd always thought of the dear hometown as being in the east with the north not starting until Aberdeen or so.

Neilson thinks we played really well, which almost makes me weep.

He's clearly done a good job getting us into the position we are in, but I just don't enjoy watching the team anymore. It was a slog watching that pish tonight.

Everything we do is so SLOW and laboured. Our centre-backs can't pass the ball, our central midfield partnership is brutal, our wide players aren't wide players. Praise be for Shankland - albeit he was crap tonight.

He's clearly done a good job getting us into the position we are in, but I just don't enjoy watching the team anymore. It was a slog watching that pish tonight.
Everything we do is so SLOW and laboured. Our centre-backs can't pass the ball, our central midfield partnership is brutal, our wide players aren't wide players. Praise be for Shankland - albeit he was crap tonight.
Thought RN comments after the game were strange . We Utd dominated the game really must have been at a different game from me

6 hours ago, ArabFC said:

Shankland was poor but was once again he was starved of service.

It’s worrying if Neilson thinks we played well tonight, we had three shots on target none of which was serious.  Appere is still not fully fit apparently but Glass should have been given some playing time.

We are still well ahead but have two points from the last three games, if we lose to ICT on Friday I think there will be a strong reaction from the fans.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Shankland was poor but was once again he was starved of service.

It’s worrying if Neilson thinks we played well tonight, we had three shots on target none of which was serious.  Appere is still not fully fit apparently but Glass should have been given some playing time.

We are still well ahead but have two points from the last three games, if we lose to ICT on Friday I think there will be a strong reaction from the fans.

Yep, we need to get back to winning ways at tannadice next Friday.

The loss of Clark has been a big factor with injuries to Mcmullan and Appéré not helping either.

Had a look at ICTs fixture schedule incidentally and as they are still in both cups have about 9 games to play in the next 4 weeks, starting tomorrow.

That will be a real test of what is already quite a thin squad.

Still think we will be ok but agree we need to start wining games again or questions will be starting to get asked.

A blip is a blip, but time to sort it out lads.....

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

if we lose to ICT on Friday I think there will be a strong reaction from the fans.

barack obama what GIF

Why? You've walked the league and are going through a tiny blip. It would be pretty mental to now start asking questions.

Why? You've walked the league and are going through a tiny blip. It would be pretty mental to now start asking questions.

2 points from a run of games including Morton, Arbroath, Alloa and Caley is unacceptable regardless of the lead at the top of the table. Neilson needs to address the issues as its either complacency or a lack of proper motivation. If Liverpool picked up 2 points from their next 4 matches against teams in the bottom half of the table, you could be rest assured the Kop would be asking questions as well

4 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

2 points from a run of games including Morton, Arbroath, Alloa and Caley is unacceptable regardless of the lead at the top of the table. Neilson needs to address the issues as its either complacency or a lack of proper motivation. If Liverpool picked up 2 points from their next 4 matches against teams in the bottom half of the table, you could be rest assured the Kop would be asking questions as well

It’s a devious plot by Robbie to drop the required number of points so we win the Championship at Dens.  Cannot wait.

On 19/01/2020 at 16:55, ArabFC said:

Slightly concerned by the signing of Powers.

He’s not terrible. He just appears to be a slightly slower, slightly less aggressive version of Butcher.

Enough time has now passed that we can all agree on this, right?

I never thought I'd see the day a fan of a team top of the Scottish Championship would compare themselves to Liverpool but yet, here we are.
You never really addressed the point though. Both clubs are skooshing their respective leagues so its quite an easy comparison to make. If theres another straight forward comparison, im all ears

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:
22 minutes ago, Dele said:
I never thought I'd see the day a fan of a team top of the Scottish Championship would compare themselves to Liverpool but yet, here we are.

You never really addressed the point though. Both clubs are skooshing their respective leagues so its quite an easy comparison to make. If theres another straight forward comparison, im all ears

How many questions were asked of Klopp last season, whilst skooshing the league before throwing it away?