Dundee United 2019/2020

18 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Im glad that many more people are coming to the realisation that Pawlett is shite and offers nothing. If anyone else needs some stark truths, PM me now and i will inform you of them rather than you wait 6 months before repeating what i say

Can I have my home truths served with a side dish of healthy cynicism and apathy please. 

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

Wondered when the 1st funster would take great delight in mentioning this

I was sent a photo of the article, it was a genuine question. 

I've known since basically the event what happened. Just seems a strange time for the paper to run such an article. 

17 minutes ago, Dele said:

I was sent a photo of the article, it was a genuine question. 

I've known since basically the event what happened. Just seems a strange time for the paper to run such an article. 

Is it news? Is it worth being on the front page?

1 minute ago, Tap in 94 said:

Is it news? Is it worth being on the front page?

Evidently so, or they wouldn't run it. Again, my question is why they've waited so long to run the story. It's not as if the footage hasn't been available from the time the event took place. 

1 minute ago, Dele said:

Evidently so, or they wouldn't run it. Again, my question is why they've waited so long to run the story. It's not as if the footage hasn't been available from the time the event took place. 

I dont have the answer to you're question, sorry 

45 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Im glad that many more people are coming to the realisation that Pawlett is shite and offers nothing. If anyone else needs some stark truths, PM me now and i will inform you of them rather than you wait 6 months before repeating what i say

Are they about Pawlett or are you going to comment on my posting performances? Im not resilient enough o deal with the latter.

Are they about Pawlett or are you going to comment on my posting performances? Im not resilient enough o deal with the latter.
[emoji38] you are fine mate. Although a few United supporters can do with some home truths regarding this current team. We probably need about 8 or 9 new signings before our Premiership campaign come August

It's as clear as day that when all options are fit and available ( Nicky Clarke aside) that we should be lining  up with Appere and Glass in the First XI

Lets keep in mind that although we will hose this league its a fucking shambles of a division where the chasing pack can't stop falling over each other

Edited by invergowrie arab

1 minute ago, Twinkle said:
4 minutes ago, Dele said:
The Scottish Sun are trying to point score against Dundee United? 

Nah, you bringing it on here is trying to point score. Most, if not all Arabs were aware of this last weekend when it happened

Which is exactly the point I'm making. As you rightly say, you've all been aware of the cheering a rapist and singing "he does what he wants" since it happened, you've all also chosen to simply ignore the fact that it happened. 

It a strange time for the paper to run the story. 

The fact you want to turn this into a Dundee fans v Dundee United fans is fucking harious, btw. 

Which is exactly the point I'm making. As you rightly say, you've all been aware of the cheering a rapist and singing "he does what he wants" since it happened, you've all also chosen to simply ignore the fact that it happened.  It a strange time for the paper to run the story. 

The fact you want to turn this into a Dundee fans v Dundee United fans is fucking harious, btw. 

Erm, you are a Dundee fan coming on our thread so you are making it a United vs Dundee thing m8

ETA - ive got a raging hangover and cant be arsed arguing about petty things so im gonna let this whole thing slide, enjoy your day

19 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Several hundred men, cheering a rapist to "he does what he wants"? I think so.

It's vile.

Goodwillie is an undesirable. 

Goodwillie should be in jail.

7 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Erm, you are a Dundee fan coming on our thread so you are making it a United vs Dundee thing m8

Erm, its Dundee United fans doing it of course its going to get brought to your thread. May I add, it's being talked about elsewhere on the forum, brought up by a fan of another club (Inverness, to be exact). Is that point scoring too, out of interest? 

Without knowing the full story just the innuendo is enough to put me off Goodie as a player and person. 

Regardless of whether he did actually rape the lassy or not; something sordid and a bit grotty went on so the hero worship makes me very uncomfortable and I've no excuse to offer for other United fans doing it. 

Erm, its Dundee United fans doing it of course its going to get brought to your thread. May I add, it's being talked about elsewhere on the forum, brought up by a fan of another club (Inverness, to be exact). Is that point scoring too, out of interest? 
I would imagine that most of our fan base is extremely uncomfortable when it comes to the Goodwillie situation. Yes he was brilliant for us culminating in scoring a goal in our cup final win however his private life is a car crash. This is something that people will go round and round in circles arguing about but im in agreement with AK and dont see the purpose of dragging up the past with no obvious resloution in sight

Something clearly happened but unfortunately the crown as I remember should have been unable to get the conviction at criminal trial due to the beyond all reasonable doubt burden of proof needed.

However he was found guilty of wrongdoing in the civil court case and ordered to pay the victim compensation although the figure I can not remember, as the the judge was satisfied the evidence passed the on the balance of probabilities burden of proof needed.

Personally I feel Goodwillie is an undesirable character who should not have been employed by another senior Scottish club at all.