Dundee United 2019/2020

Cant understand the negativity regarding Shankland

Its because he plays for United and the diddies across the road would kill for a player of his ability. Also, they will be sat watching shite like Hemmings, Dorrans and Mcgowan stinking up the championship for another season whilst we will be back playing the big clubs where we belong. Its marvellous

29 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I'll relax about Shankland once the window slams shut but Scott Burns seems to have an inside track on all of the Tayside clubs so it is promising.

That article that's in the Record says there was a meeting. Reading between the lines it seems Shankland has assured us he'll stay - however presumably on the proviso that the club will accept an offer in the summer over x £million pounds.

That's an easy one.
  1. Some of them are finished (Dorrans, Ness).
  2. Some have been found out (Hemmings).
  3. The rest have been found out and are also finished (McGowan).
Apologies to any neglected stars who I've failed to mention.

Hemmings hasn’t been found out. If anything, he looks every bit as good as he was the last time he was here. We just happen to have a manager so far out of his depth that he barely gets a kick of the ball.

Its because he plays for United and the diddies across the road would kill for a player of his ability. Also, they will be sat watching shite like Hemmings, Dorrans and Mcgowan stinking up the championship for another season whilst we will be back playing the big clubs where we belong. Its marvellous

I felt the pain in this post. Brave

1 minute ago, RossDee01 said:

Hemmings hasn’t been found out. If anything, he looks every bit as good as he was the last time he was here. We just happen to have a manager so far out of his depth that he barely gets a kick of the ball.

Well, I never thought he was all that in his one good season before so I'll reserve judgement as to whether he looks as good now as he did then. At least in that season he scored goals though. Now he doesn't even do that. He's nothing. Literally nothing. He is a void of a player. Space-time collapses in on itself around him on the pitch. It's quite tragic really.

Explain, what pain is this? In a few games time, we will be promoted leaving all the dross like Dundee behind. I dont see how anyone in their right mind would think that United fans are somehow suffering rather than revelling in whats happening this season. Never mind, you crack on [emoji38]

Well, I never thought he was all that in his one good season before so I'll reserve judgement as to whether he looks as good now as he did then. At least in that season he scored goals though. Now he doesn't even do that. He's nothing. Literally nothing. He is a void of a player. Space-time collapses in on itself around him on the pitch. It's quite tragic really.

You start off pretty calm here and then get really, really angry. Chill out.

7 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Explain, what pain is this? In a few games time, we will be promoted leaving all the dross like Dundee behind. I dont see how anyone in their right mind would think that United fans are somehow suffering rather than revelling in whats happening this season. Never mind, you crack on emoji38.png

Yes, I keep hearing we are "tormented" and "obsessed", and this goes back to before the doon derby. I've no idea what Dundee have ever done to torment us. No doubt this post will be interpreted as such 🙄

and Kerr.
don’t forget Kerr.

worst of the lot.

Strolling through to roll the ball home and thundercunting it in from 20 yards against a Premiership top 6 defence in the last couple of weeks is a decent indicator of Shankland being able to step it up a level tbf.

Only 2 clubs in the premiership have conceded more goals than Hibs this season.

Explain, what pain is this? In a few games time, we will be promoted leaving all the dross like Dundee behind. I dont see how anyone in their right mind would think that United fans are somehow suffering rather than revelling in whats happening this season. Never mind, you crack on [emoji38]
That seems I've been telt
I best "crack on"

Dearie me.

Just did a search of Shanklands twitter, look how far he has come.  Simply put this into twitter lol  work (from:Shankland_25).

Obviously you can change the word work to anything you want to search.

Edited by steve55

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:
1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

It's been a build up of a good few years of it. Its good he's getting a release now though. 

Lord knows it'll be back to the pain next season. 

I notice folk elsewhere suggesting Watson come in for Connolly, but I was just watching the highlights, and couldn't help notice the complete irrelevance Mark Reynolds was at Hibs second goal. He spots the Hibs player in front of him at the edge of the box, stands still as he advances, stands still as he goes past him and then stands still as the ball is crossed an finished.

Oh yeah, and then throws his arms up in disgust.

Crude gif to illustrate...

output_2KZek8.thumb.gif.049cc10e7cc3c094858bf2719fd6c5b0.gif