Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Not a fan thus far either. Didn't see last night but actually it's his passing (completion rate at least) which has been his standout attribute before that.

Aye, cause so many of his passes don't go much further than 5 yards.

Likes to go deep to get the ball, then does the simplest of passes to someone standing beside him. His role is hardly the most challenging of tasks.

Like is say, when asked to do a more adventorous pass, the end result on a few occasions was embarrasing. (there was one to Liam Smith down the right side in the closing minutes, that not even Usain Bolt in his prime would have got to).

I would gladly be proved wrong though

Edited by Steven W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shanks saying he won't be leaving no matter what this window. Good for you lads, good for us.

Clearly knows his level. Good on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:


Clearly knows his level. Good on him.

Guid ane. How is the best squad in the league with the best strikers getting on. Mind the gap btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Goosed how?

I feel he doesn't offer a good balance to the team and Neilson shoehorns him in or changes the formation around to suit Pawlett. He then does that and plays him out wide which like @ArabFC states isn't his best position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:


Clearly knows his level. Good on him.

In a couple of seasons at the most Shankland will be playing at a higher level than at the moment, possibly a good bit higher.  

Is there is a single present Dundee player who will be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship in, say, the 22/23 season?  If so who?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In a couple of seasons at the most Shankland will be playing at a higher level than at the moment, possibly a good bit higher.  
Is there is a single present Dundee player who will be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship in, say, the 22/23 season?  If so who?

Plenty of current Dundee players have already played at a much higher level. I won’t bore with the facts as I’m sure you’re well aware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guid ane. How is the best squad in the league with the best strikers getting on. Mind the gap btw.

Didn’t expect much more than a dribbling mess from yourself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll relax about Shankland once the window slams shut but Scott Burns seems to have an inside track on all of the Tayside clubs so it is promising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:


Plenty of current Dundee players have already played at a much higher level. I won’t bore with the facts as I’m sure you’re well aware.

That wasn't the question though, was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Aye, cause so many of his passes don't go much further than 5 yards.

Likes to go deep to get the ball, then does the simplest of passes to someone standing beside him. His role is hardly the most challenging of tasks.

Like is say, when asked to do a more adventorous pass, the end result on a few occasions was embarrasing. (there was one to Liam Smith down the right side in the closing minutes, that not even Usain Bolt in his prime would have got to).

I would gladly be proved wrong though

All of that is still an improvement on Harkes though, sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:


Plenty of current Dundee players have already played at a much higher level. I won’t bore with the facts as I’m sure you’re well aware.

You sound like a Tory MP.  “I don’t like that question so I will answer a different one instead”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You sound like a Tory MP.  “I don’t like that question so I will answer a different one instead”.

If the majority of them have already played multiple seasons at a higher level why would they not be capable of playing at that level again in a couple of years. I thought my answer was fairly simple to understand but obviously not. Yer man has never played at a higher level, and seems a little scared of doing so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:


Didn’t expect much more than a dribbling mess from yourself

Do you think you boys will avoid relegation then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant understand the negativity regading Shanland, he has proven himself as an excellent goalscorer and its kind of petty to doubt whether or not he can do it at a higher level .

Why couldnt he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:


If the majority of them have already played multiple seasons at a higher level why would they not be capable of playing at that level again in a couple of years. I thought my answer was fairly simple to understand but obviously not. Yer man has never played at a higher level, and seems a little scared of doing so.

That's an easy one.

  1. Some of them are finished (Dorrans, Ness).
  2. Some have been found out (Hemmings).
  3. The rest have been found out and are also finished (McGowan).

Apologies to any neglected stars who I've failed to mention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...