Dundee United 2019/2020

8 hours ago, Muggy said:

Overheard Troy Brown on his phone today in Pound Stretcher (I work next to it) believe it or not and he was saying he’s fed up with manager etc and has been offered 1k a week at Crawley. Sounds like a ridiculous story but true. Nae pics tho so maybe it never happened.

If he is indeed "fed up" then fine. Watson is in superb form, Connolly is clearly the next in line (probably Butcher after that). If we can get him off the wage bill it could free up money for a player in January. Wish him all the best, he seems like a nice enough guy, I am sure he will get something down south.

18 hours ago, stumigoo said:

The Tony Asghar interview on this week's Dode Fox Podcast is very good. Worth a listen if you get a chance.

The podcast has been a very welcome addition to the DUFC fan experience, it has to be said.  And the Asghar interview is another cracker.  He was fairly unequivocal in stating that Shankland won't be allowed to leave - let's hope that, if nothing else, that adds a few percent to the dreadfully low offers we will receive...

15 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m fine with that.  I’m assuming there’s a deal lined up and he and his agent doesn’t feel they need to prove anything.

Hopefully he will go in the forthcoming window for the academy fee or more but I’d be equally happy to see the club playing hardball if he wants away.

In the interview linked below, Neilson confirmed that Banks is likely to sign a pre-contract in January and then move on.  With that on the cards I doubt either party will be keen to have him playing.  The fee that we get will be paltry.  As I've said on this thread before, I hope he doesn't come to regret this - but I suspect he will be another Scott Allan...

17 minutes ago, stewartyftd1 said:

That’s Troy Brown been let go. Frees up a bit cash anyway. He was decent but couldn’t see him getting back in the team at the moment.

Confirmed on Courier website: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1047893/dundee-united-defender-troy-brown-heading-south-after-boss-robbie-neilson-decides-they-have-enough-cover/.  Crazy to think that he couldn't get a game for us but will likely get a huge pay cheque from some daft League Two club.

18 minutes ago, arab_joe said:

The podcast has been a very welcome addition to the DUFC fan experience, it has to be said.  And the Asghar interview is another cracker.  He was fairly unequivocal in stating that Shankland won't be allowed to leave - let's hope that, if nothing else, that adds a few percent to the dreadfully low offers we will receive...

Along with a certain blog of course....

1 hour ago, arab_joe said:

Good, open interview from Asghar: he did say Shankland wouldn't leave in January, but qualified that by stating if he did, it would be the decision of someone else who had also emphasised Shankland would be staying. It's a balancing act: it's doubtful a crazy bid would be lodged for him, but if it is, and we are many league points in the lead, business might suggest it's sensible to take the offer.

33 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Good, open interview from Asghar: he did say Shankland wouldn't leave in January, but qualified that by stating if he did, it would be the decision of someone else who had also emphasised Shankland would be staying. It's a balancing act: it's doubtful a crazy bid would be lodged for him, but if it is, and we are many league points in the lead, business might suggest it's sensible to take the offer.

I think the more frequently he reiterates that Shankland is not for sale for any amount, the larger the bids will be - in the past I think it has been too clear that we would sell (see Armstrong, Stuart...) and we have been taken advantage of.  

1 hour ago, stumigoo said:

Along with a certain blog of course....

But the podcast is an addition - your excellent blog has been a staple for years!

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I can’t see Shankland being worth any less in the summer than he is now, particularly if he has scored 40 goals (which he is well on track for) and got another few Scotland Caps (and even another international goal or 2) under his belt.

We cannot risk selling him now, I am hopeful that he will be patient enough to bide his time, write himself into DUFC Folklore and get the move of his choice in the summer.

There is no price a club would be reasonably expected to pay for Shankland that mitigates the risk of our not securing automatic promotion this year.

This fucking nightmare we have all being going through for the past 4 years or so is almost at an end, and Shankland will play a huge role in ensuring we get over the line.

3 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Confirmed on Courier website: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/1047893/dundee-united-defender-troy-brown-heading-south-after-boss-robbie-neilson-decides-they-have-enough-cover/.  Crazy to think that he couldn't get a game for us but will likely get a huge pay cheque from some daft League Two club.

So a left winger and centre midfielder in Jan going by this article? Will do for me.

1 hour ago, Twinkle said:

Merry xmas to all Arabs. Worth pointing out at this time of the year that there are some who arent all as fortunate as us. Sadly somebody somewhere will be unwrapping a Dundee top

On a more serious note, I hope the collection for the food bank last Saturday makes Christmas a bit better for those who really are less fortunate.

Merry Christmas and f**k the Tories.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

What?

Dundee United have tweeted asking their own fan base to stop abusing folk manning booths and kiosks. 

Quite a few of your fans were arrested at Dens for this, too. 

Edited by Dele