Dundee United 2019/2020

6 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The interesting game will be Hibs in the cup. An indicator of where we are.

You're in the Championship m9 😉

Seriously, looks like the pick of the next round for me. Did it get a TV slot? 🤔

Guest DAVIDB69
The interesting game will be Hibs in the cup. An indicator of where we are.

We had better take it seriously , throwing cup ties has been a feature of our championship years .

We had better take it seriously , throwing cup ties has been a feature of our championship years .
I think we will. It will show how good we actually are, and I think we will learn a lot about the team with a view to next season. I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully the game sells out

I’m conflicted about the cup game.

On the one hand a win would be good, there’s a good chance Hibs will ‘Hibs’ it, and progression could be lucrative.

On the other hand, compared to winning the league everything else pales in insignificance.

If true we should definitely be looking to do a sale and loan back to the end of the season. I doubt he would be getting into the first team squads of any of the quoted clubs straight away, and he’s been absolutely key so far.
Fantastic for him if he gets the opportunity, seems a good lad.

49 minutes ago, ArabianKnight said:

I'm definitely not keen on selling him. I'd much rather he developed over another season or two here. 

If we could genuinely get £2.5m for him just now (and I have my doubts) I don’t see the club turning it down. 

£2.5 million seems to be our valuation of Appere. No chance other clubs will ever pay that for a Scottish Championship player, no matter how talented he is. 

Somewhat related, is Appere even a striker like being reported? everytime I've watched him, even when he's apparently playing up front, he always prefers to drift out wide and generally looks more comfortable playing on the wing.

57 minutes ago, Accent-Unknown said:

£2.5 million seems to be our valuation of Appere. No chance other clubs will ever pay that for a Scottish Championship player, no matter how talented he is. 

Somewhat related, is Appere even a striker like being reported? everytime I've watched him, even when he's apparently playing up front, he always prefers to drift out wide and generally looks more comfortable playing on the wing.

Messi is classed as a striker but doesn’t play in that conventional role.

Not that I’m suggesting that Messi is as talented as Appere!

If anyone's willing to pay that sort of money for a guy at this stage of his development then it would be foolhardy to turn them down. I like Appere a lot but it remains to be seen whether he'll develop into a Scottish premiership player never mind someone who would justify that sort of fee.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

If anyone's willing to pay that sort of money for a guy at this stage of his development then it would be foolhardy to turn them down. I like Appere a lot but it remains to be seen whether he'll develop into a Scottish premiership player never mind someone who would justify that sort of fee.

Aye, I think United would bite the hand off any club who offered £2.5 million for Appere.