Dundee United 2019/2020

41 minutes ago, Jock Tamson said:

Can't believe the amount of Utd fans who are willing to accept Robson being shoehorned into the left mid position. If that's Utd's standard nowadays, they are fucked.

He's a left back who really isn't a good enough left back, hence why the Argie's been brought in. Trying to "find" another position for him is desperate.

I would suggest he'll find his level soon enough though.

Watch out. His dad will be on here again soon!

2 hours ago, Jock Tamson said:
3 hours ago, Pull My Strings said:
I haven't seen anyone suggesting that Robson should be first choice in either position. What exactly has been said that has prompted you to express your disbelief?

I didn't mention 1st choice.

No, you referenced some nebulous, unarticulated opinion about a random squad player. I was curious as to the inspiration.

As much as I understand some of the pessimism surrounding Neilson’s style of play and it’s limited attacking output, I’d still much rather win 1-0 in a drab game than draw 4-4 and this league often results in blood and thunder football where you have to sacrifice some attacking flair and just scrap like f**k to get results. 

5 minutes ago, NEFarab said:

As much as I understand some of the pessimism surrounding Neilson’s style of play and it’s limited attacking output, I’d still much rather win 1-0 in a drab game than draw 4-4 and this league often results in blood and thunder football where you have to sacrifice some attacking flair and just scrap like f**k to get results. 

It’s impossible to disagree with that.

I’m more concerned about being 1-0 up and conceding in the final 5 minutes because we’ve tried to defend that lead despite being the better attacking team on the park.

Priority is a keeper to challenge Benji, a winger which can play on the left of midfield. A striker to replace Safranko, those are the three main priorities.

I would also take a centre half and centre midfielder but think with the options we have they aren’t priorities.

45 minutes ago, Tap in 94 said:

I would say an attack minded central midfielder is a priority. Badly need a goal threat from midfield next season 

We have players who’ve proven capable of playing in an attacking midfield role (ie Cammy Smith) and refuse to play them there.

I was more meaning a goal threat in a midfield 2 not this horrible in the hole/no10 position that hasn't worked for us in the 3 years we've been in this brutal league. Get 2 wingers and 2 out and out strikers on every week and entertain please 

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

I was more meaning a goal threat in a midfield 2 not this horrible in the hole/no10 position that hasn't worked for us in the 3 years we've been in this brutal league. Get 2 wingers and 2 out and out strikers on every week and entertain please 

Agree with that but I’ll happily swap entertainment for wins.

1 hour ago, Tap in 94 said:

Exactly.

Hows about we try and win by 2 or 3 goals instead of sitting back on a 1 goal win at home and losing a last minuite howler.

Attack is the best form of defence. Especially in this league.  

Its all well and good saying build on the defence but our defence always seem to make a c**t of something. Take the pressure off them and get at other teams.

Id love to see two wingers, a big target man and a poacher type system but Robbie is too negative imo.

2 hours ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Exactly.

Hows about we try and win by 2 or 3 goals instead of sitting back on a 1 goal win at home and losing a last minuite howler.

Attack is the best form of defence. Especially in this league.  

Its all well and good saying build on the defence but our defence always seem to make a c**t of something. Take the pressure off them and get at other teams.

Id love to see two wingers, a big target man and a poacher type system but Robbie is too negative imo.

Spot on.  We always looked a better team last season on those few occasions we played genuinely attacking football.  

We didn’t quite have that last season but Safranko, Clark, McMullan and Robson could have offered something similar.